2017-07-29 - Amsterdam
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. That souns pretty ridiculous... So you can not leave your place once you get in?
  2. Berlin had a split pitch across the middle controlled by turnstile and wristbands.

It was a big area, not being sure how many they would let through I went in around 5pm and easy got through, they were still letting people go n when NG was playing.

GA was packed certainly where I was but I never struggled at any point getting bank to my spot although didn't move from about 8.30pm until the show closed.

If it's the same in Amsterdam I'm not too worried as gates open at 5 and I'll go in around 5.30 ish .

What I noticed in a Berlin were long queues for those with collector tickets, while I walked right in with a normal one, I have collector tickets for Sunday so will allow time.

Beware there are works on train lines, been told to stick with metro trains from Amsterdam central.
  3. If you get to your desired spot and those around you are happy and it isn't too packed then you can still move around for a bathroom break or a drink. Things will get fairly crammed when Noel is on making it more difficult. Dublin GA could move around but not between the split sections.
  4. Meant to say no issues leaving and entering the the front zone for beers, toilet etc and loads of beer hawkers all over the pitch.

Believe the Arena is cashless
  5. Originally posted by kevc02:Meant to say no issues leaving and entering the the front zone for beers, toilet etc and loads of beer hawkers all over the pitch.

You are fine to move around fine in that case. Sure it will be easier a few hours before the show. Things will likely be too cramped after Noel to move around freely but before then it should be fine. A good idea to get familiar with those around you so nobody thinks you are barging up front when you make your way back.
  6. Originally posted by kevc02:Berlin had a split pitch across the middle controlled by turnstile and wristbands.

It was a big area, not being sure how many they would let through I went in around 5pm and easy got through, they were still letting people go n when NG was playing.

GA was packed certainly where I was but I never struggled at any point getting bank to my spot although didn't move from about 8.30pm until the show closed.

If it's the same in Amsterdam I'm not too worried as gates open at 5 and I'll go in around 5.30 ish .

What I noticed in a Berlin were long queues for those with collector tickets, while I walked right in with a normal one, I have collector tickets for Sunday so will allow time.

Beware there are works on train lines, been told to stick with metro trains from Amsterdam central.
    We allways go early to get nice places in front of the stage. But I do like to walk around before the show starts. Don't want to feel cramped for many hours just waiting. There always were closed sections to get in an out before the show starts.
  7. Originally posted by kevc02:Meant to say no issues leaving and entering the the front zone for beers, toilet etc and loads of beer hawkers all over the pitch.

The ArenA works with cards. You buy a card for a certain amount of money and that's what you use to buy drinks and food...
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    If you get to your desired spot and those around you are happy and it isn't too packed then you can still move around for a bathroom break or a drink. Things will get fairly crammed when Noel is on making it more difficult. Dublin GA could move around but not between the split sections.
    Ok, just to clarify. I might have it wrong here.
    Only the red zone ticket holders are guaranteed a place up front? The fans that sit down from early morning til the doors open. And wait all day can loose their place in the front if they need to go to the toilet at the wrong time?
  9. Originally posted by JeroenAFCA:[..]
    Ok, just to clarify. I might have it wrong here.
    Only the red zone ticket holders are guaranteed a place up front? The fans that sit down from early morning til the doors open. And wait all day can loose their place in the front if they need to go to the toilet at the wrong time?
    The red zone is just the lefts part of the tree catwalk. All the other fans that queue will just be normal GA and can walk around as they please. Just like every other show.
  10. As far as I know, shows always have closed sections in front of the stage which you can leave and come back to with an armband or stamp.
  11. -- removed --
  12. --