2017-08-01 - Brussels
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 2

1. I leave in unsharp shots for "moments/ smiles" as well. 100% understood here. One of my favourite things about this band is seeing them enjoy what they do and that shot captures it perfectly.

Coen! I love the full band shot with the red BG on streets, and your pics of the shadow-man are on point! Nice captures on the pole dancing
    And contortion-ism.

I wen't a bit overboard in Brussels and ended up with 128 pics.
    I'll narrow the duplicates down before I post them on U2 start. But in the meanwhile:

Enjoy my pics from Brussels on Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/74914903@N07/albums/72157684560823771

2. Originally posted by mofothethird:[image]
    I leave in unsharp shots for "moments/ smiles" as well. 100% understood here. One of my favourite things about this band is seeing them enjoy what they do and that shot captures it perfectly.

Coen! I love the full band shot with the red BG on streets, and your pics of the shadow-man are on point! Nice captures on the pole dancing
    And contortion-ism.

I'll narrow the duplicates down before I post them on U2 start. But in the meanwhile:

That one is incredible. Holy shit perfect point of view and moment.
  3. Originally posted by mofothethird:[image]
    I leave in unsharp shots for "moments/ smiles" as well. 100% understood here. One of my favourite things about this band is seeing them enjoy what they do and that shot captures it perfectly.

And contortion-ism.

Wow
  4. HI, here are two Vidoes from me.....

5. Originally posted by mofothethird:[image]

And contortion-ism.

Thanks for your compliments Joyce. However, nothing compared to your shots. Just one word: WOW!

6. Hello, I have 2 questions concerning Brussels 2017 :

1) At the end of a song, Bono acknowledged someone (probably himself) made a mistake … I cannot remember this particular song, nor can I find any footage … Does anyone know which song ?

2) In an (IMO) objective & critical review, the author Nele Dullaers wrote (my own free translation …) :

“As U2 in Brussels live proved something then it was that they eviscerated some myths:
    (…).
    Myth 4: U2 does everything live.
    The brass instruments (trumpet, trombone, tuba) during “Red Hill Mining Town” came from a little box. We saw the musicians in a video. But above all: the microphone of Bono was not open when he started a binding text at “Trip through your wires”. Bono himself seemed surprised and from his reaction it was clear that he felt trapped. That even Bono uses voice-over is not a surprise: the 57-year-old frontman is not sufficiently strong, sounds soon hoarse (such as in “With or without you”), and at the start of the show his musicians drown him just. With aging, it will not improve. Bono gave, after an hour and a half gig in Brussels, a very old, decrepit impression. The man seemed completely overtired, and looked like Johnny Hallyday, while Johnny is 17 years older than the front man of the Irish rock band ...”

I don’t know what she saw or heard, but I didn’t hear Bono’s microphone go down that night … Anyone ?
  7. It's no myth that U2 do everything live. They've been using pre-recorded backing tracks since 1984, for gods sake. I don't think anyone believes that.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's no myth that U2 do everything live. They've been using pre-recorded backing tracks since 1984, for gods sake. I don't think anyone believes that.
    U2 even has a 5th member to play some guitar during some songs... and yes, even U2 uses backing tracks on some songs.
  9. Terry Lawless is the keyboard/piano player backstage.