1. Lmao.

I said that last bit to a friend and he said "this is so cringe it hurts"
  2. really like the sound of the band, remind me Interpol
  3. I am very cynical when it comes to this band.
  4. Same here. I have a discussion going on at my Spanish forum (EastLink) where people tell me they are worth and deserve all the attention they're getting, and I'm just skeptical and basically voice out the fact that there are a MILLION other (better) bands out there that have more (better) music and are getting a million times less attention because none of their band members is the world's biggest rockstar's son. Ha.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Same here. I have a discussion going on at my Spanish forum (EastLink) where people tell me they are worth and deserve all the attention they're getting, and I'm just skeptical and basically voice out the fact that there are a MILLION other (better) bands out there that have more (better) music and are getting a million times less attention because none of their band members is the world's biggest rockstar's son. Ha.
    Welcome to the world, man. This happens everywhere - not just in music. Nepotism is alive and well across the board.

That being said, I don't think that means we should ignore the band just because other/better bands are out there and aren't getting as much attention. You can pretty much say the same for any popular musician. I'm sure U2 weren't the best band in Dublin in the late 70's either, who the hell knows. Sometimes the foot in the door is what you have to use to get attention - ain't nothing wrong with that.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Welcome to the world, man. This happens everywhere - not just in music. Nepotism is alive and well across the board.

That being said, I don't think that means we should ignore the band just because other/better bands are out there and aren't getting as much attention. You can pretty much say the same for any popular musician. I'm sure U2 weren't the best band in Dublin in the late 70's either, who the hell knows. Sometimes the foot in the door is what you have to use to get attention - ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Mixed feelings about this. As someone who's had two bands and has seen them die out of lack of interest and attention I can't help but feeling angry towards Inhaler But yeah, life's a bitch and nepotism rules the world since well before Egyptians built their pyramids.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Mixed feelings about this. As someone who's had two bands and has seen them die out of lack of interest and attention I can't help but feeling angry towards Inhaler But yeah, life's a bitch and nepotism rules the world since well before Egyptians built their pyramids.
    Oh dude, believe me - I've been in the same boat!

I guess I would hate this a lot more if they were completely shit, but they're not - I actually quite like their tunes, and I think THAT will be what makes the difference. Everyone will see through the nepotism right away (how many newer bands get to open for a member of Oasis?) - but they'll need to prove themselves with their music. I'm sure they know it better than anyone.
  8. New single is pretty good! The b-side has a little Stone Roses about it, but nothing standout.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Oh dude, believe me - I've been in the same boat!

I guess I would hate this a lot more if they were completely shit, but they're not - I actually quite like their tunes, and I think THAT will be what makes the difference. Everyone will see through the nepotism right away (how many newer bands get to open for a member of Oasis?) - but they'll need to prove themselves with their music. I'm sure they know it better than anyone.
    I quite like the single. It stands on it's own. An eighties feel, yet still fresh.

While the gig with Noel obviously has influence all over it, I have not heard Bono out stumping for them or plugging them in anyway as I've seen some other rock heavyweights do for their kids bands...

I think in the case of the Hewson kids (Eve with acting, Jordan with activism and Eli with band) the status of their dad definitely has a big bearing on getting their foot in the door, for sure... but it seems as though mom and pop stay mostly out of the way when it comes to their kids careers... which I respect. And for certain things like opening for Noel... what parent doesn't try to pull an occasional favor on behalf of their children? And there's always the remote possible that maybe Noel offered it in casual conversation over a pint?

And I'm sure Bono knows better than anyone that they'll need to prove themselves with their music. And maybe even more so because they'll need to overcome the "nepotism" stigma right out of the gate from the critics...
  10. I think Noels daughter could have had something to do with Inhaler opening for him.

11. that's actually not out of the realm of possibility either, right?
  12. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I quite like the single. It stands on it's own. An eighties feel, yet still fresh.

While the gig with Noel obviously has influence all over it, I have not heard Bono out stumping for them or plugging them in anyway as I've seen some other rock heavyweights do for their kids bands...

I think in the case of the Hewson kids (Eve with acting, Jordan with activism and Eli with band) the status of their dad definitely has a big bearing on getting their foot in the door, for sure... but it seems as though mom and pop stay mostly out of the way when it comes to their kids careers... which I respect. And for certain things like opening for Noel... what parent doesn't try to pull an occasional favor on behalf of their children? And there's always the remote possible that maybe Noel offered it in casual conversation over a pint?

And I'm sure Bono knows better than anyone that they'll need to prove themselves with their music. And maybe even more so because they'll need to overcome the "nepotism" stigma right out of the gate from the critics...
    100% agreed