1. Interesting that he wants to go down the same route as his old man who gets so much flak (outside the fandom)anytime their is an article about U2 on various website's the vile spouted against them by the self appointed judge and jury's is poisonous ,If his band make it big they will suffer the same fate particularly from the British media who have always had the knives out for U2 they hate the fact an Irish band continues to be massive while so many UK bands fell by the wayside.
  2. The first couple of songs on Spotify I quite liked but wasn’t getting really excited about however ‘It won’t always be like this’ really has got me excited about Inhaler absolutely loving the song. ‘Oklahoma’ is pretty good too.
  3. Eh, they’re ok.

I bet Eli and the band would like to shake off the fact that they’re basically ‘Bono’s son’s band’.
  4. As Eli digged out his influences from daddy's vinyl collection, it can happen, they sometimes remind one of early U2 - who had the same influences (Joy Division, Stone Roses....). Still, they are not a "young U2" in my ears and I also do not hear a big similarity in Eli's voice to Bono's. They are great young band, just like so many others hailing from the Irish and British islands these days.

I really like all their tunes they released so far; the new single sounds definitive a bit more grown up than the first one. I think it's exciting watching a young band develop their music and very young career. I'll keep my eyes and ears on them and hope, some maybe British band might pick them up as support for a European tour soon, I'd like to see them live. (UK is lucky to have them on TOUTS tour this spring)

I still think about who is responsible for them supporting Noel in Malahide this summer. Did Noel call Eli because he knows him and knows he has a band, which he probably likes? Or did Bono call Noel? (The latter I assume is not what Eli would want, though.)

I guess Eli is pretty much aware of being "Bono's son" and that this will not be easy for him, still he chose to go this way. He surely learned a lot from his dad and U2. But he wouldn't dismiss the interest the band receives just alone by him being a Hewson. And Bono probably was the most excited but least happy person to hear "hey, dad, look, I formed a band..."
  5. They play Studio 2,Parr Street Liverpool next Thursday.Extremley small venue,was there recently for a football presentation night.The bar is where the recording desk was.And they didn't sell bitter,was on the Bud (expensive fizzy drink is that lol) It's a smaller venue than Brady's was when U2 played there twice after it was renamed from Erics in Matthew Street,same side as the original Cavern.Tempted tbh but doubt I'll go.The vocals on the new single is unmistakingly similar to Paul Hewson,let's be honest it's only natural to sound like your old man....'...from Father to son...'
  6. For me that song is 70% Mercy and 30% Are you gonna wait forever? ... but I like it. It‘s catchy.
  7. I read that his other son, John, is also a singer in a band. I can’t wait to see where Inhaler goes in the future!
  8. looks like noel's daughter anais takes photos of the band. maybe she asked him to have them support him, or noel suggested it himself. I doubt bono had any hand in it (or that they'd let him).

I'm excited for inhaler, but I'm also excited for muttlee his mixtape drops today/tomorrow!
  9. Be pretty cool if his band played at red rocks too!
  10. Also can’t wait to start hearing the live stuff on iTunes
  11. Can't wait to hear Eli's own 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'.