1. I wonder if any of their kids actually listen to U2. Like, do they have their songs in their playlists like we do? Eli listening to Joy Division then all of a sudden New Years Day comes on..
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:I wonder if any of their kids actually listen to U2. Like, do they have their songs in their playlists like we do? Eli listening to Joy Division then all of a sudden New Years Day comes on..
    Being that I'm pretty sure the guys in U2 don't even like listening to their own music (lol), they probably weren't beat over the head with it growing up or anything, so I'm sure they can get down to it.

It'd be kind of interesting to find out what all of their favourite U2 tracks are. My guess is it's all stuff from before they were born. You know, the cool stuff.
  3. I want U2 to cover "It Won't Always Be Like This"
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:I wonder if any of their kids actually listen to U2. Like, do they have their songs in their playlists like we do? Eli listening to Joy Division then all of a sudden New Years Day comes on..
    I'm rather sure all of them listen to U2 songs every now and then - 100% unlike their parents!

What would be interesting, as Alex @RattleandHum1988 says, is knowing which are their fav songs. I'd guess none of them would mention WOWY, Vertigo or Pride, but Things To Make And Do or Alex Descends Into Hell either. I can imagine UTEOTW, Original Of The Species, Last Night On Eart etc. getting some love by the kids. That kind of songs.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I'm rather sure all of them listen to U2 songs every now and then - 100% unlike their parents!

What would be interesting, as Alex @RattleandHum1988 says, is knowing which are their fav songs. I'd guess none of them would mention WOWY, Vertigo or Pride, but Things To Make And Do or Alex Descends Into Hell either. I can imagine UTEOTW, Original Of The Species, Last Night On Eart etc. getting some love by the kids. That kind of songs.
    Exactly.
  6. it sounds like mercy actually
  7. Sounds very 80s influenced to me...first band that came to mind when IWABLT started was New Order but there's also a bit of The Cure in there too. Not bad.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I wonder what they think of their songs - Original of the Species started as something for one of Edge's girls, didn't it? Love Is Bigger and 13 are unashamedly for their children, Get Out of Your Own Way is inspired by B's daughters... and wasn't 4th of July a bit of reflection to do with Edge's first daughter being born? There's probably more...

Are those special favorites, do you think? That would make sense... on the other hand, the kids might feel a bit cringey about it.
  9. Just gave the songs on Spotify a listen. I dig them! On Oklahoma, you can just hear Bono in Eli’s voice so well. It’s not quite as present in the others but in that one track it’s so clear
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]

I wonder what they think of their songs - Original of the Species started as something for one of Edge's girls, didn't it? Love Is Bigger and 13 are unashamedly for their children, Get Out of Your Own Way is inspired by B's daughters... and wasn't 4th of July a bit of reflection to do with Edge's first daughter being born? There's probably more...

Are those special favorites, do you think? That would make sense... on the other hand, the kids might feel a bit cringey about it.
    No, I didn't mean songs specifically written about them (I think they cringe too); I meant lesser-known songs like UTEOTW, Running To Stand Still, Breathe, A Man And A Woman. The kind of song that's not full-on obscure like Alex Descends Into Hell or Love You Like Mad, but also the kind of song that's not been aired to death like Pride, WOWY, One, Vertigo. I think both the band and their families are tired of hearing those in the radio or everytime a DJ wants to lavish them at a party or something.