1. I'm looking for a new reasonably priced, yet audiophile turntable. As it stands now the choice for me is between Thorens and Pro-ject.
    I'm leaning towards Pro-ject but those are all (or almost all?) manually operated, whereas Thorens (also) has automatic options.

In short, how big of a deal is manually operation, including belt change for 45 play? It also sounds kinda fun, no

Hoping you vinyl lovers will share some of your experience and/or wisdom
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I'm looking for a new reasonably priced, yet audiophile turntable. As it stands now the choice for me is between Thorens and Pro-ject.
    I'm leaning towards Pro-ject but those are all (or almost all?) manually operated, whereas Thorens (also) has automatic options.

In short, how big of a deal is manually operation, including belt change for 45 play? It also sounds kinda fun, no

Hoping you vinyl lovers will share some of your experience and/or wisdom
    I have a pro-ject debut carbon and it is outstanding quality (and looks classy as well). The manual operation is not really an issue for me but it can get a little annoying if you're moving between 33 rpm and 45 rpm frequently
  3. I have the U-Turn Orbit Special Edition and love it. High(er) End Cartridge. The manual part is no issue. Vinyl is more of an active listen anyways so be involved.
  4. Originally posted by Chrisedge:I have the U-Turn Orbit Special Edition and love it. High(er) End Cartridge. The manual part is no issue. Vinyl is more of an active listen anyways so be involved.
    Thanks! Noticed that one too. It has an Ortofon cartridge just like the Pro-jects. I'm just not sure if they are sold in The Netherlands. Haven't found a retailer who does, but it might be worth to see what is possible.

The Pro-ject Debut III S (25A) comes with a Ortofon Pick-IT 25 A cartridge. Would that be similar to the Ortofon 2M Red that's on the U-Turn ?
  5. The Pick-IT looks to be an upgrade from their basic model, where as the 2M Red is a bit more. Probably not a massive difference.

I liked the Orbit because it was made in the USA (in Boston area) but I am sure they ship worldwide.
  6. Well, their website says they're working on it. The main problem is that their U-turn is built for 6O Hz AC, whereas most of Europe has 50 Hz. It causes their turntables to run 15% too slow...

But I think I'm gonna like that 25A
  7. I got my first U2 vinyl today! Boy US reissue 1983

8. What do you guys know of this? Is it worth something ?
  9. Hahahahahaha is that good or bad

$20 on eBay so nothing crazy good here