1. Hi Guys,

I think I've noticed something wrong with the bootleg for 2001-08-11 (Manchester 1). At the end of Kite you can definitely hear the opening guitar for Gone. However, the track then goes straight to New York. Gone is not on the setlist provided for the show either.

I'm certain that the Kite used is from 2001-08-12 (Manchester 2). If you listen to both, they are identical.

Does anyone know where the missing Kite from Manchester 1 is? I was at both shows and I'd like to have the correct boots!

Cheers,

Bibs
  2. There are either 2 recordings for that night, or its mislabelled. I have recently uploaded a definite recording from 11 August '01 today and hopefully this will make it clearer.

The existing recording labelled 11-8-01 has a lot of some guy yelling and whooping things like "COME ON BONO" (after SBS) and my one definitely doesn't have that.
  3. Originally posted by markreed:There are either 2 recordings for that night, or its mislabelled. I have recently uploaded a definite recording from 11 August '01 today and hopefully this will make it clearer.

The existing recording labelled 11-8-01 has a lot of some guy yelling and whooping things like "COME ON BONO" (after SBS) and my one definitely doesn't have that.
    I've seen your upload and I will look into the matter the coming days. Just want to verify & check my sources for this. I am always a bit reluctant with "definite" recordings, especially when there is no lineage provided.

Thanks for your patience,
    Joyce
  4. I hope it works : it definitely is the show I went to in Manchester (the speeches match up with what I heard on the night) and got it the week after the show.
  5. I've added markreed's upload of 2001-08-11 Manchester UK (1st night)

I identified this recording as the M.Jackson source. There are two other sources of this gig known to circulate. One is recorded by D.Croft and the other by K.Bryant.
    I haven't been able to download the K.Bryant source yet, so I can't say if this is the one that was already up on the Manchester 1 audio tab. The index of the files doesn't seem to match, but this doesn't have to mean anything. It certainly isn't the D.Croft source, that's for sure.

To be continued...

PS: One of these days I shall also make the D.Croft source available
  6. Originally posted by nickbibby:Hi Guys,

I think I've noticed something wrong with the bootleg for 2001-08-11 (Manchester 1). At the end of Kite you can definitely hear the opening guitar for Gone. However, the track then goes straight to New York. Gone is not on the setlist provided for the show either.

I'm certain that the Kite used is from 2001-08-12 (Manchester 2). If you listen to both, they are identical.

Does anyone know where the missing Kite from Manchester 1 is? I was at both shows and I'd like to have the correct boots!

Cheers,

Bibs
    Maybe this was already corrected, but I don't recognize this issue with Kite.
    Both downloads for 2001-08-11 Manchester 1 belong to the show (it's just that I haven't been able
    to identify the source of the one already in our database, yet).
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I've added markreed's upload of 2001-08-11 Manchester UK (1st night)

I identified this recording as the M.Jackson source. There are two other sources of this gig known to circulate. One is recorded by D.Croft and the other by K.Bryant.
    I haven't been able to download the K.Bryant source yet, so I can't say if this is the one that was already up on the Manchester 1 audio tab. The index of the files doesn't seem to match, but this doesn't have to mean anything. It certainly isn't the D.Croft source, that's for sure.

To be continued...

Kobe tapes?
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I've added markreed's upload of 2001-08-11 Manchester UK (1st night)

To be continued...

...and now for the conclusion...

I've added all known sources now of 2001-08-11 Manchester UK (1st night), there is, however, some plot change

What should have been the D.Croft source, as found on u2torrents ( http://u2torrents.com/t?id=7474 ), is actually the same recording as the K.Bryant source. It has a slightly different index and some additional gain and (white) noise, but it is certainly the same thing: a simple A/B comparison of the sources will tell you that (check the sample on the show page / audio tab ).

With the information found on the old u2depot I am now most certain that the mp3's that we already had were actually taken from the D.Croft recording. The index does match up, in particular track 10 which has "In My Life" paired with "Stuck". None of the others have that. Even the mislabeled D.Croft has "Stuck" without "In My Life" (instead it has IML after SBS).

Because of this confusion I have made a separate entry for the mislabeled D.Croft with a sample for A/B comparison.

The K.Bryant recording (Kobe ) has been added in both mp3 and flac. Not the best source, but at the moment only lossless one that could be find.

NB: I am also in agreement with markreed that the M.Jackson source is the best one, although there are some dropouts and skips that could easily be fixed. Some de-clap and additional remastering should also help to make this recording even more enjoyable.

NB 2: The Manchester 2 entry will also be shortly updated with flacs and fresh mp3's... Unfortunately this is the only source for this show that is known to circulation.