1. His voice isn't as it was on 360 or I+E, nor is his energy level. It's like he aged 20 years in two. I know about the "health scare" and all that, but after seeing them so many times and hearing so many recordings, the change in just a few years is profound
  2. I’m not sure he will get back to IE levels........ going off the promo so far I think it could decline after the JT tour
  3. While Bono's "younger" voice has a lot of power, his "older" voice and his singing have a lot of depth, even if the voice is a bit croaky sometimes, which is due to age, I think. He's dealing with it very well and I actually do like it a lot that he's more of a singer than a shouter nowadays.
    I loved his voice and singing on I&E and especially on TJT30 and expect E&I to be even better, nevermind a few croaks here and there.
  4. Think these were the open ends from the other topic? + the stuff Peter posted.

- That one time Bono hit a C# on Zootv
    - Which was neither in Bad nor WGRYWH (that was a B btw)
    - If there's a technical way/device to check the key of a note in a song
  5. Originally posted by melon51:Think these were the open ends from the other topic? + the stuff Peter posted.

- That one time Bono hit a C# on Zootv
    - Which was neither in Bad nor WGRYWH (that was a B btw)
    You're right, Horses was played in B instead of the original key of C so the high note would be a chest B and not a C. To my knowledge it can only be Even Better Than The Real Thing in one of the earlier '92 shows?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You're right, Horses was played in B instead of the original key of C so the high note would be a chest B and not a C. To my knowledge it can only be Even Better Than The Real Thing in one of the earlier '92 shows?
    We have a winner! haha..

On ZooTV Even Better was played in C#, execpt for the first show. For some reason, (and probably inspired by a frantic audience) he decided to try the "take me higher" in full voice.

ZooTV Milan, video starts with that part:

7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    We have a winner! haha..

On ZooTV Even Better was played in C#, execpt for the first show. For some reason, (and probably inspired by a frantic audience) he decided to try the "take me higher" in full voice.

ZooTV Milan, video starts with that part:

[YouTube Video]
    The video doesn't start at that part but it's easy enough to find

14:05.

That's fucking phenomenal TAKE ME HIGHEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a roar. And you'd think he would back off after seeing how crazy that note was, and go back to falsetto, right? Well, no! THere he is with the second round of Take me higher's
  8. Talking on a forum doesn't do these variations any justice. Thanks to SoundCloud we can now hear them.

Any self respecting U2starter would notice that vocal deviation from a coma.

I do really feel Bono's live deviations, good and bad, come from a place of courage and feeling.
  9. Yeah, Soundcloud.

10. Originally posted by miryclay:Talking on a forum doesn't do these variations any justice. Thanks to SoundCloud we can now hear them.

Any self respecting U2starter would notice that vocal deviation from a coma.

I do really feel Bono's live deviations, good and bad, come from a place of courage and feeling.
    Err.. what do you mean?