1. That's 3 songs in a row!
  2. Are we over-analyzing this? Bono admitted that he went from smoking cigars to smoking cigarettes between Zoo TV and PopMart. That fact, combined with realizing that maybe he couldn’t belt out certain songs in the 90s like he did in the 80s with no vocal training, plus his natural aging, made him reckon with needing to take care of his voice more.

Anything else I am missing? More than a few pints on board so sorry if I am.
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Funny thing I just checked.. Original key is Ab, they played it in studio Key like forever.. That is at least until 2015

Checked too, because it's quite strange, as Bono - as I recall - mentioned himself some time ago that most songs (especially early) were recorded in a key too high(for some reasons), so they immediately lowered them live. I played NYD studio and then live from Chicago 2005 - the key is indeed exactly the same. Interesting.
  4. it's quite interesting & enjoyable, he's analyzing every line. In the end he tries to apply everything on his performance.
  5. Kite Elevation 11/5 & 25/01 Two times 20 days apart I lost my Dad Oct97 and this vocal was felt to the core. Please PopMart 97 11/23/97 San Antonio full band and Please Acoustic Elevation Austin Tx. Of course Slane Castle All I Want Is You segue In to Steets. Concur With Miss Sarajevo live. So many
  6. @melon51
    0:54, another Popmart
  7. Just because he could hit higher notes doesn't mean he sounds better. Lol

Bono sounded great in 2019 tbh. Look at Stand By Me in Seoul. Far better than what he sounded like 10 years earlier in 2009.
  8. Yeah well said. He honestly sounds crap in most of Popmart, no matter which song or month you choose. And agree about 2019, even though he's been accumulating some issues (tempo, breathing, intonation) over the last decade and 2019 wasn't free of that. But anyways!
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just because he could hit higher notes doesn't mean he sounds better. Lol

Bono sounded great in 2019 tbh. Look at Stand By Me in Seoul. Far better than what he sounded like 10 years earlier in 2009.
    6:10
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Yeah well said. He honestly sounds crap in most of Popmart, no matter which song or month you choose. And agree about 2019, even though he's been accumulating some issues (tempo, breathing, intonation) over the last decade and 2019 wasn't free of that. But anyways!
    crap?