1. All you’d need to do is look at one of the many videos of him singing New Year’s Day in 2019 and again for you to come to that conclusion is baffling and doesn’t make any sense, you can literally see the effort in his face, I think perhaps you don’t want to see it because you’ve already formed an opinion based on the smallest of key changes.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    you can literally see the effort in his face, I think perhaps you don’t want to see it because you’ve already formed an opinion based on the smallest of key changes.

He does face expression, but no in the same way and so much like the 2010/2011 versions....
    I have them as reference....

3. I think he never sang that note "clean" haha.. But he with the "controlled screaming" he coud still do that up until 1990.

After that he either didn't want to / couldn't / wasn't allowed to anymore..
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I think he never sang that note "clean" haha.. But he with the "controlled screaming" he coud still do that up until 1990.

LT Bono was the master of screaming... haha
    But I take these "Wide Awake" over any JT/LT screaming Wide Awake's (5.30 in the video)
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I think he never sang that note "clean" haha.. But he with the "controlled screaming" he coud still do that up until 1990.

Also, If I remember correctly there is a clean C(Wide Awake) from one show from LT and one from the first leg of ZooTV.
    Have to check that soon.
  6. By the way, if you want to hear some 80s strentgh and some high screams:
  7. Hey Peterrrr,

I love your contributions, and sometimes I have these little obsessions too. So for example, how do you explain the following?

This was recorded (live at a bowie concert) 20th of June 1990. Bono singing style sounds very JT/Lovetown to me:

Now the following was recorded in Edge's studio in May/June of 1990. This sounds a lot more like the "newer style" of singing of AB:

I think my point is that he actually is choosing the way he would like to sing, instead of range limitations or whatever.

On the other hand, you seem to focus solely on the highest or most powerful belts? We might as well open a topic that's called "highest note" then
  8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Hey Peterrrr,

I love your contributions, and sometimes I have these little obsessions too. So for example, how do you explain the following?

This was recorded (live at a bowie concert) 20th of June 1990. Bono singing style sounds very JT/Lovetown to me:

[YouTube Video]
    Now the following was recorded in Edge's studio in May/June of 1990. This sounds a lot more like the "newer style" of singing of AB:

[YouTube Video]

I think my point is that he actually is choosing the way he would like to sing, instead of range limitations or whatever.

On the other hand, you seem to focus solely on the highest or most powerful belts? We might as well open a topic that's called "highest note" then
    And to (again) add to that.. For me it's about the complete/total delivery. It's the timing in singing, gestures, moving etc.

In that sense his best moments have been in recent years.. I remember a great version of "under my skin" for quincy jones and a great version of "love is bigger" on the BBC special..
  9. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    And to (again) add to that.. For me it's about the complete/total delivery. It's the timing in singing, gestures, moving etc.

In that sense his best moments have been in recent years.. I remember a great version of "under my skin" for quincy jones and a great version of "love is bigger" on the BBC special..
    I love Under My Skin from the show Great performence!
  10. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Hey Peterrrr,

[YouTube Video]

[YouTube Video]

Im glad that someone else here talks about the Bowie performence, I think your the first one I ever see link to it
    Haven't listen to it for a while

In 1995 he sang a bit like that(not with the same strentgh).

Something happend with his voice in the end of 1990/early 91, if you listen to his voice on the Salome tapes and also Acthung Baby it is so different from early 1990.
    Sure he was a bit hoarse in 89/90 but not like that. Also he had some kind of different accent on ZooTV.
    The difference on WOWY, Streets, ISHFWILF, BTBS on ZooTV compared to LT is huge.
    The straining, overuse, drinkin and smoking around 1987-1990 did a huge change on his voice.
    Might be that he started to rest(a few months maybe)and the damage started to show even more, and the contunie of smoking and drinking in these years.

In Night And Day the sound that was to come in his voice started to appear, but he also sounded like that in lower parts even on LT. Also on the Bowie video, it is almost only screaming/belting which makes it a bit hard to analyze how his lower voice sounded.

11. Thanks!

Originally posted by melon51:[..]

I understand why you get that impressions, but I have a very obessions about the lows also and not the forget the sound/delivery he gets sometimes

Lows:
    Book Of Your Heart, that is one of his best sounding lows ever(one of my favs is IYWTVD)....

Love Is All We Have Left, I don't know why he doesnt sing more songs like this anymore....

Sound/Delivery
    Away in 3:18 and Rue de Marais in 3:11

His sound on this one is.... When he sings "Heavyyyyyyyyyyyyy" wow!

The Fade's in 4:19 to 4:23

Druuuuuuuuug in 4:07, the whole singing part in the end of the song is so emitonal

2:29 to 2:42
  12. Night and Day is criminally underrated.