1. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]

A Baritenor can have a very wide range, the C5 on ZooTV and Popmart was very forced and strained. If Im not wrong(?) that is typical for an baritenor, which still can hit the notes but more forced/strained.
    But the question when it comes for the createrias for a Baritenor, is it typical for an Baritenor to hit a C without problems(no strain) but C#(C5) with straining? Is the comfort limited C?

These are the C's I mean:
    5:32
    [YouTube Video]
    7:16
    [YouTube Video]
    5:01
    [YouTube Video]
    51:37
    [YouTube Video]

2005 seem to be the year when he started to get a more lighter sound again in his voice:
    Spring 20005 was first time since the 80s when he started to sing "Wide Awake" with less strain.

1:11:10
    [YouTube Video]

[..]

His range is C2-G♯5

From another list, need to check them soon.
    G♯5
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland)
    In a Little While Live in Boston 2001
    Wire
    Nah, it never really was, except for the odd "scream" here and there. For example listen to Sun Studio demos, he had a tough time hitting a straight A. His range is probably topped with a B nowadays and has been for ages, but still impressive. I'm not sure he has any (reliable) falsetto in him anymore, although he seemed to try that more on the recent tour.

From your "another list" there's no song that comes near to the peak he (dared to) hit on Night&Day, Technically velvet dress is a half note higher, but for 100 milliseconds or so, instead of a few soconds on N&D.

So if your plan is to single out every 1/10th second of a note to prove his range, I'm gonna politely step back a little That's gonna be too much details to figure out and discussion to follow, haha..
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Nah, it never really was, except for the odd "scream" here and there. For example listen to Sun Studio demos, he had a tough time hitting a straight A. His range is probably topped with a B nowadays and has been for ages, but still impressive. I'm not sure he has any (reliable) falsetto in him anymore, although he seemed to try that more on the recent tour.

From your "another list" there's no song that comes near to the peak he (dared to) hit on Night&Day, Technically velvet dress is a half note higher, but for 100 milliseconds or so, instead of a few soconds on N&D.

So if your plan is to single out every 1/10th second of a note to prove his range, I'm gonna politely step back a little That's gonna be too much details to figure out and discussion to follow, haha..
    On 360 tour he did some falsetto and also falsetto screams.
  3. His falsetto on the promo tour for SOI was the strongest it had been since 93. That last note he’d hold on every breaking wave was absolutely gorgeous
  4. Originally posted by justinpushplay:His falsetto on the promo tour for SOI was the strongest it had been since 93. That last note he’d hold on every breaking wave was absolutely gorgeous
    2014 - 2015 was one of his strongest & impressive at times vocal periods
  5. Originally posted by justinpushplay:His falsetto on the promo tour for SOI was the strongest it had been since 93. That last note he’d hold on every breaking wave was absolutely gorgeous
    Which show/performance was that?
  6. I always thought that was Glasgow.
  7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Have to say that is a proper falsetto note, good find!

It just seems that it's more unreliable these days, and never quite reaches the sheer quality of falsetto in the period of '90-'95..
    Listening to that version still makes me feel that it's a shame they never tried Every Breaking Wave full band. Maybe they tried and didn't like it?
  8. Originally posted by justinpushplay:His falsetto on the promo tour for SOI was the strongest it had been since 93. That last note he’d hold on every breaking wave was absolutely gorgeous
    That falsetto is a nice on, but I would concider the 360 tour/leg of Veritog Tour as the best tour since last ZooTV.
    Bono wasnt able to hit those deeper falsettos in 2014-2015 like he did in 2006-2011.