1. I'd rather they didn't do another "nostalgia" tour. I love deluxe reissues of albums, but I'm not big on anniversary tours. BUT - If I had to choose one, I'd want something that they'll never (and couldn't) do; a B-Sides tour. I'd love to see a show in which they played B-Sides from every era of the band.
  2. I don't want another one, this is a one off. Achtung Baby is my favourite album and sure would be great to hear in full but it reeks of "old rockers" mentality.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:I don't want another one, this is a one off. Achtung Baby is my favourite album and sure would be great to hear in full but it reeks of "old rockers" mentality.
    i've old rockers mentality!
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:I don't want another one, this is a one off. Achtung Baby is my favourite album and sure would be great to hear in full but it reeks of "old rockers" mentality.
    Exactly
  5. Originally posted by Fly40:It's just...like every band or For People Like me ( age 44)and many of you ( How old ar you?)...that all the bands that we Like,love,adore...have done the best things in the past.take a look At For example at Simple Minds...Metallica....The Stones....Bowie.
    So what we would Like is simply a "jump" in the last.
    Ever noticed How the crowd explodes when u2 play something Like...new year's,pride,bloody sunday?
    We always want a "celebration" tour but maybe it's not in the future programs of a band
    It's My Point of view.the Point of view of a 44y.o.(boy?)

It's kind of a catch 22. You can tell from our conversations Simple Minds is one of my favorite bands, too. They keep putting fresh, new records out which I love. But it's not getting them over to my side of the pond! The Psychedelic Furs are another one of my favorites (and incidentally youngsters out there, one of the great live acts you'll see) They tour relentlessly with the hits and no new music. And I'll still go see them every time I can... Not sure where my train of thought was going here, it's old age short term memory thing, but, aw hell... nevermind!
  6. Originally posted by Brucewayne:I'd rather they didn't do another "nostalgia" tour. I love deluxe reissues of albums, but I'm not big on anniversary tours. BUT - If I had to choose one, I'd want something that they'll never (and couldn't) do; a B-Sides tour. I'd love to see a show in which they played B-Sides from every era of the band.
    I Like reissues too.but only of My fav band :u2 ( and Simple minds too)
    But...having an old rocker mentality ( love this definition!really) i would never EVER buy reissues box set Like...WarChild by Jethro Tull or...something else
    THAT really reeks of....
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

It's kind of a catch 22. You can tell from our conversations Simple Minds is one of my favorite bands, too. They keep putting fresh, new records out which I love. But it's not getting them over to my side of the pond! The Psychedelic Furs are another one of my favorites (and incidentally youngsters out there, one of the great live acts you'll see) They tour relentlessly with the hits and no new music. And I'll still go see them every time I can... Not sure where my train of thought was going here, it's old age short term memory thing, but, aw hell... nevermind!
    Even if The Simple are always out with something new you have to admit that they kept exagerating with reissues.
    They began with remastering the albums in cardboard sleeves vinyl replica
    Then 5x5 with a box set of the first 5 albums in cd
    Then again vinyl 180 and box set of :
    Sparkle in the rain
    Nw Gold Dream
    Once Upon
    Then a box set of 5 lp ( again the first five) called the vinyl Collection 79-84
    Last but not least Acoustic
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:[..]
    Even if The Simple are always out with something new you have to admit that they kept exagerating with reissues.
    They began with remastering the albums in cardboard sleeves vinyl replica
    Then 5x5 with a box set of the first 5 albums in cd
    Then again vinyl 180 and box set of :
    Sparkle in the rain
    Nw Gold Dream
    Once Upon
    Then a box set of 5 lp ( again the first five) called the vinyl Collection 79-84
    Last but not least Acoustic
    Yes. A lot regurgitated. But in Simple Minds defense, they are doing what they can in a small base. (Europe) They are not hitting the global market with widespread success, as sad as that is...

I wish U2 would take them on the road them...
  9. I want to bounce to Wild Honey.
  10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Yes. A lot regurgitated. But in Simple Minds defense, they are doing what they can in a small base. (Europe) They are not hitting the global market with widespread success, as sad as that is...

I wish U2 would take them on the road them...
    Yeah.they should
    The last albums are not so bad
    Big Music,For me,is a very good album
    A Great come back.and when they play live they are in real good shape