1. I want U2 to play Mercy
    What a song!
  2. Snake Charmer 40th anniversary tour
  3. I'd love to see a "ZOO 30" tour. I never got the chance to see them on that tour, and to recreate the first half of the Zoo TV set would be astounding for me. That said, I expect if they ever do another nostalgia tour, it will be "Achtung Baby 30", and the second half will then be - acoustic set - then zootv set sequence (Bad , maybe Exit, then Bullet / Running / maybe please ---> Streets / Pride) and then a second, 50 odd minute set of the usual regulars.

One can hope.Fantasy setlist is afterall, a big hobby round this way.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    While I'm not criticizing it all, I think it was awesome to behold, I think the band being adamant for so long of "never wanting to be a nostalgia act" and "always wanting to move forward" they kind of opened the can of worms themselves. (as they have always done... just given the press and the naysayers more fodder and contradiction to play on)

That being said, I think if you see an "Achtung Baby in Full" tour, it'll be the beginning of the Vegas residencies and end of laborious world touring. Just MHO.

I agree the comments from the band you've highlighted above definitely leave them open to criticism, but I would have thought that would come from people who weren't fans. It seems there's loads of fans criticising it. I get perhaps the fear that the band go down the road if only playing greatest hits tours or only touring previous albums but I don't think that will happen and if it does I think it will be at a point where the band just don't have the time to be making new music in which case it will be a massive bonus again just having them tour at all. If you asked me would I rather see an Achtung Baby tour or them touring a brand new album then I'd give you a completely different answer, I'd want to see the new material but I don't think we're having to chose nor will we have to chose as I think as long as u2 are capable of making music they will and these little anniversary tours will just be gap fills.
  5. Fans are always the biggest critics! Music, sports, movies... no matter. The die hards can always be the harshest critics... and in many ways, rightfully so. They pour everything into it. And they'll be the first ones to show up in your defense. Like a big brother... they can slap you in the back of the head, but if someone else does it to you, watch out!

If they wereto continue these "gap filler full album" they'd be better invested picking 10 cities and 2 doing 2 week residencies in them. They could stay rested, stay in the studio during the day, and people would go to them. Keep it low cost with low wear and tear on their bodies...

Thats why I'd be their perfect manager...
  6. The Las Vegas U2 Tour 2018 dates :
    March 3rd 2018 Las Vegas
    March 4th 2018 Las Vegas
    March 5th 2018 Las Vegas
  7. The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 isn't a concert. It's an Experience!!!!
  8. I'd love an Achtung Baby tour as it is my favorite album. It would be immense to hear the songs live again, but done in a thoughtful manner like TJT Tour. That tour is all about TJT as an album, but also about the stories behind the songs. I don't consider it a nostalgia tour per se, but I think only AB is the only album worth getting the same treatment as TJT. After that I would appreciate it if they just release new stuff and create new tours.
  9. I would be glad as hell to see U2 doing a tour like Iron Maiden did in 2008, playing only the songs from the 80's on the mainset... Would be cool as shit