1. Originally posted by cqleonardo:I would be glad as hell to see U2 doing a tour like Iron Maiden did in 2008, playing only the songs from the 80's on the mainset... Would be cool as shit
    I think they just did ... it was
  2. Iron did that tour just because the last good album is maybe Fear of the Dark(1994?)all the others up till now are complete bullshit.so the had no choice
  3. Achtung Baby of course, with a accoustic/piano version of Acrobat.
  4. The point about not wanting to be a nostalgia act is valid but if SOE is released this year and we get a tour in the next two years we could be looking at this scenario:
    2015 IE
    2017 JT
    2018/19 SOE
    2021 AB
    Four tours in six years
    I’m not convinced this will happen but if it did……
  5. Originally posted by Lucky13:The point about not wanting to be a nostalgia act is valid but if SOE is released this year and we get a tour in the next two years we could be looking at this scenario:
    2015 IE
    2017 JT
    2018/19 SOE
    2021 AB
    Four tours in six years
    I’m not convinced this will happen but if it did……
    it's my dream
  6. Tour your new music. If it coincides with an anniversary of an old album then maybe build an encore around that album. Don't tour it.

Saying that though I reckon they could perform achtung baby in its entirety better than they performed the Joshua Tree.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Tour your new music. If it coincides with an anniversary of an old album then maybe build an encore around that album. Don't tour it.

Saying that though I reckon they could perform acting baby in its entirety better than they performed the Joshua Tree.
    Disagree about the last point. I think the Achtung Baby songs are more complex and would be harder to play for them than the Joshua Tree songs. Throw Your Arms and Love Is Blindness haven't been properly played since 1993, So Cruel scarcely if ever, same for Acrobat, they never actually nailed Wild Horses... Very different story to The Joshua Tree, most of which has been performed until recent years. They can play the opening quartet with eyes closed, RTSS, One Tree Hill and Mothers have been appearing throughout the years, Exit is simple as pie... The only real challenge imo were In God's Country and the obvious Red Hill Mining Town. Very different scenario.

Also they feel more attached to TJT as a whole than to AB I think. They might consider AB as their masterpiece just as anybody else, but I don't think they have much appreciation for So Cruel, Acrobat, Throw Your Arms or Love Is Blindness. TJT is strongly linked to their beloved USA and is more like a timeless sounding album, while AB is more like a mesh of European influences and very 90-ish sounding... Nah, I can't see it coming to fruition so easily.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Disagree about the last point. I think the Achtung Baby songs are more complex and would be harder to play for them than the Joshua Tree songs. Throw Your Arms and Love Is Blindness haven't been properly played since 1993, So Cruel scarcely if ever, same for Acrobat, they never actually nailed Wild Horses... Very different story to The Joshua Tree, most of which has been performed until recent years. They can play the opening quartet with eyes closed, RTSS, One Tree Hill and Mothers have been appearing throughout the years, Exit is simple as pie... The only real challenge imo were In God's Country and the obvious Red Hill Mining Town. Very different scenario.

Also they feel more attached to TJT as a whole than to AB I think. They might consider AB as their masterpiece just as anybody else, but I don't think they have much appreciation for So Cruel, Acrobat, Throw Your Arms or Love Is Blindness. TJT is strongly linked to their beloved USA and is more like a timeless sounding album, while AB is more like a mesh of European influences and very 90-ish sounding... Nah, I can't see it coming to fruition so easily.
    I don't think it'll happen, nor do I want it to but I think Edge could work out all those songs with no real bother.
  9. I love U2 but we all have to agree U2 kiss U.S.A ass