1. Originally posted by BelgianBonoHi, i just wanted to show a video i found on Youtube of Acrobat because a lot of people find it such a great song (as i do)
    [YouTube Video]
    Oh My God...
    I'm shocked by this moment, I've just seen the video...
  2. cheers dude i've seen this but its still so great!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. This looks like fun:
    1. Drowning Man
    2. Heartland
    3. Promenade
    4. Slug
    5. Acrobat
    6. Love Comes Tumbling
    7. White As Snow
    8. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
    9. Winter
    10. Elvis Presley and America
  4. Kite
    One Tree Hill
    A Sort of Homecoming
    All I Want is You
    Bad
    Running to Standstill
    Stay
    Dirty Day
    Acrobat
    11 o'clock Tick Tock
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:Kite
    One Tree Hill
    A Sort of Homecoming
    All I Want is You
    Bad
    Running to Standstill
    Stay
    Dirty Day
    Acrobat
    11 o'clock Tick Tock
    The thread is about songs never performed live. Changed it so that it's clearer now.
    Edit: I opened a general top 10 u2 songs thread.
  6. Heartland
    Acrobat
    Some days are better than others Promenade
    Drowning man
    Deep in the heart
    White as snow
    Fez (Being Born)
    This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    Blow Your House Down

I don’t want to include songs that have had lengthy snippets but I’d like to hear proper full versions of peace on Earth and when I look at the world. I’m not including SOE songs since we don’t know what they’re planning with the tour.
    I should also give rise up a mention but as that was sort of unfinished it’s not really suitable for a live selection.
  7. 1. Heartland - if only Bono's voice could handle it...
    2. Drowning Man
    3. Promenade - I always kind of wished they'd done this as a rotation with/instead of MLK as a lead in to The Unforgettable Fire
    4. Cedars of Lebanon
    5. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now - seriously, how was this not played live in 2015?? Very much in the vein of a lot of their early 80s live stapes in my mind.
    6. Acrobat
    7. The Playboy Mansion
    8. When I Look At the World
    9. One Step Closer - could be a really emotional song if they played it right. The 2015 rehearsal following straight on from Bullet was marvellous.
    10. Stand Up Comedy - a real stomper live. It'd have been great in the Claw.
  8. Also, honourable mention: A Man and a Woman featuring the whole band, rather than just Bono and Edge that one time. Adam's groovy bassline is the best part of the song!
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:
    3. Promenade - I always kind of wished they'd done this as a rotation with/instead of MLK as a lead in to The Unforgettable Fire.

Best version I've heard is (iirc) the Achtung Babys playing it as a "snippet" inside Out of Control... wonderful.

---

So, if some Bono Genie grants me 1 to 10 wishes to play a song they've never played before, this are the songs in the order I'd ask them:

0. First, I'd try to sneak the original Mercy, arguing that the one they played doesn't count, but in case it doesn't work, then:

1. Elvis Presley and America
    2. Acrobat
    3. False Prophet ---> yes maybe/surely this was played back in its time, but we don't have evidence of it, and this was one hell of a good song, that deserved a lot more.
    4. Reach Me Now
    5. Fez
    6. Promenade
    7. Always
    8. Winter
    9. Drowning Man
    10. When I Look At The World (or are we counting that snippet as a full song? in that case, then here goes Levitate)
  10. Reading the previous page:

Electrical Storm
    Your Blue Room
    Mercy
    Red Hill Mining Town
    Scarlet (no one mentioned it, but I'll pretend someone thought about it)

Well... we can dream...
  11. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
    Salome
    Lady With The Spinning Head
    Drowning Man
    Stand Up Comedy
    Fez-Being Born
    Acrobat
    Blow Your House Down (should be some more extended version than the one from AB remaster)
    Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
    Cedars Of Lebanon
  12. Now that acrobat has been performed my list has changed
    10. The showman and landlady (these 2 are at the bottom since EI isn’t finished but if they don’t get played they’d move very high up)
    9. Stranger in a strange land
    8. Heartland
    7. White as snow
    6. Babyface (this might have been played live but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t)
    5. Ceaders of lebanon
    4. The playboy mansion
    3. Sleep like a baby tonight
    2. One step closer
    1. Drowning man