2017-09-03 - Detroit
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by guykirk9:I wonder if they play The Blackout and if they do where? To open the encore? To close a la Vertigo from some shows this tour. I guess it could be a cool closer, especially with the main line "when the lights go out"
    I wonder if they do anything special at all for a solid stretch of non sold out shows... maybe the biggest stretch in decades for them...
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I wonder if they do anything special at all for a solid stretch of non sold out shows... maybe the biggest stretch in decades for them...
    They won't have played such a long row of non sold outs since Popmart for sure.
  3. They still could sellout potentially. I know Louisville didn't have GA's day of but had a ton of other tickets some even for $7 on StubHub. The place looked sold out when I was there.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I hope they change it up just a little bit at least. Best Thing or Blackout seems like a must at this point.
  5. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    They still could sellout potentially. I know Louisville didn't have GA's day of but had a ton of other tickets some even for $7 on StubHub. The place looked sold out when I was there.
    Once you're there it's very hard to tell. Stadiums are big and you won't know if the seats are fully occupied or not. The only way to know is to know the official attendance figure - but even that can be made up or faked as a sold out.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Once you're there it's very hard to tell. Stadiums are big and you won't know if the seats are fully occupied or not. The only way to know is to know the official attendance figure - but even that can be made up or faked as a sold out.
    Yeah that's true but I just know it looked like a packed stadium so it's not like Popmart at Tampa or Jacksonville where you could easily see large areas not sold out. I think for the band they obviously want the money from a sold out show but being able to see the stadium mostly filled is important as well I would guess.
  7. I just think for a promoter like Live Nation, this is an epic fail. Especially if ithere's any truth that U2 did this as a contract obligation... Why set themselves up for failure and take potential profit from your own pockets... Unless Live Nation had obligations to the venues in these markets. I don't know, but the whole US portion of this leg smells fishy.
  8. No rehearsals or soundchecks yet?
  9. Anybody expecting to hear any different songs on these shows
  10. Not really.
    I don't see them playing Blackout since they should be promoting the actual single, which is The Best Thing. But this is supposed to be debuted Wednesday after the show, so they can't spoil their own surprise, can they? (yeah, of course they can).
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Not really.
    I don't see them playing Blackout since they should be promoting the actual single, which is The Best Thing. But this is supposed to be debuted Wednesday after the show, so they can't spoil their own surprise, can they? (yeah, of course they can).
    I hope the little things gets played a bit more