2017-09-03 - Detroit
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by guykirk9:I wonder if they play The Blackout and if they do where? To open the encore? To close a la Vertigo from some shows this tour. I guess it could be a cool closer, especially with the main line "when the lights go out"

When I first listened to The Blackout yesterday, I thought "there is no way that they play this at any JT shows this third leg." It seemed way too jarring to fit musically or thematically with the whole narrative of this tour - much more suited to open the E & I tour next year, possibly...

But the more I listen to the lyrics, the more I think of the current world we are living in (which was their whole excuse for "postponing" SOE and doing this JT shows, right? ). Especially in the last third/encore of the show, it definitely could work as a good rocker.
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

When I first listened to The Blackout yesterday, I thought "there is no way that they play this at any JT shows this third leg." It seemed way too jarring to fit musically or thematically with the whole narrative of this tour - much more suited to open the E & I tour next year, possibly...

But the more I listen to the lyrics, the more I think of the current world we are living in (which was their whole excuse for "postponing" SOE and doing this JT shows, right? ). Especially in the last third/encore of the show, it definitely could work as a good rocker.
    I think they should sub it with Vertigo and maybe close with Little Things but I'm not getting my hopes up for Little things.
  3. I don't think they'll touch anything in the setlist other than the closer. BD, Elevation and Vertigo, all 3 are proven to fire up the audience and they won't take any risk replacing any of them.
    I don't know if they are bold enough to play Blackout as the closer instead of Little Things.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I don't think they'll touch anything in the setlist other than the closer. BD, Elevation and Vertigo, all 3 are proven to fire up the audience and they won't take any risk replacing any of them.
    I don't know if they are bold enough to play Blackout as the closer instead of Little Things.
    It would be cool to see nonetheless right?
  5. Sure, hope for the best, just prepare for the worst, like the European leg.
  6. Yeah I know I personally was very hyped up for the European leg and was let down
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I don't think they'll touch anything in the setlist other than the closer. BD, Elevation and Vertigo, all 3 are proven to fire up the audience and they won't take any risk replacing any of them.
    Blackout would certainly be a more electric way to end the show...
  8. A bunch of night crickets chirping in front of Bono's mic would be more electric than The Little Things
  9. I Agree!!! "40" would be an amazing closer everyone singing "how long" as they exit show just like 1980's!
  10. Oh come on! Little Things is a great song!
  11. Is there a cue for GA already?