1. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Ground is more soundtrack song,it was only at a few editions and I don't count it as ATYCLB song... but it would be definitely the best song from it. (sadly they played it live just acoustic and it looses it's strenght an power).
    Kite is good but 2006 live version is amazing...
    +1 about Ground live, but it also sadly started the "let's put some gems out of the album as bonus tracks so only die hard fans get to know them" era that has continued with Winter, Crystal Ballroom, Book Of Your Heart, etc.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    +1 about Ground live, but it also sadly started the "let's put some gems out of the album as bonus tracks so only die hard fans get to know them" era that has continued with Winter, Crystal Ballroom, Book Of Your Heart, etc.
    "and play them live just a few times or leave them in the dust..."
    But not fan of Winter...
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I still wonder why Mercy wasn't on that "Unreleased and Rare" sub gift........................................
  4. U2 were much better when Bono still had an Irish accent
  5. So like....never? Haha. Bono was always either trying to do a British accent or an American one as far as I can tell.
  6. I like all U2 songs from a scale of good-great. None are bad or average in my eyes. Even the worst ones I can appreciate because of at least a few redeeming qualities that I have found in them over the years.
  7. Originally posted by iver54:I like all U2 songs from a scale of good-great. None are bad or average in my eyes. Even the worst ones I can appreciate because of at least a few redeeming qualities that I have found in them over the years.
    I agree with this! Obviously there are songs I never seek out but I like them all.
  8. Originally posted by iver54:I like all U2 songs from a scale of good-great. None are bad or average in my eyes. Even the worst ones I can appreciate because of at least a few redeeming qualities that I have found in them over the years.
    +2
  9. Check out him singing Mad as the Mist and Snow.
  10. The studio version of Party Girl sounds like three drunken lunatics banging on Orff Instruments for the first time and a sober warden with a guitar trying to bring some structure to the cacophony.
    Quality control was out on lunch when this one got released.
    The worst single ever released by them (don't forget the a-side!). And I really love the Song, Party Girl. But not the studio version.
  11. I love the guitar solo in the studio version of party girl though!! I think that was the point though, for them to do just that. A fun song which they didn’t really plan on playing as much but fans loved it