1. I have this in my itunes. I could probably upload it but don't think i would be allowed to share the link here.
  2. I would greatly appreciate anyone sharing this promo.

Greetings U2maniacs.
  3. Could you send us by private message, please?
  4. Check your pms. I hope I did it right
  5. And on a side note, Part One at the end contains Slow Dancing (Live from Chicago). Guess who was at that show? Unfortunately i was 22 and drank way too much beer so don't remember much about it except it was a great show.
  6. You are right: it's not allowed to share links of official stuff (and that includes "promo" material) on u2start.

Please don't offer, or ask, any more links via pm. Otherwise I will have to close this topic...
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    You are right: it's not allowed to share links of official stuff (and that includes "promo" material) on u2start.

Please don't offer, or ask, any more links via pm. Otherwise I will have to close this topic...
    I'm so sorry! I did not know about it. It will not be repeated.
  8. Originally posted by raynman009:And on a side note, Part One at the end contains Slow Dancing (Live from Chicago). Guess who was at that show? Unfortunately i was 22 and drank way too much beer so don't remember much about it except it was a great show.
    Wow! Amazing! You fulfilled my dream, that was to have gone to a ZooTv show.
    What a privilege! I think it must have been memorable for you.
  9. The strange thing about this promo is that it is clearly designed for radio stations and structured as such. But the actual version broadcast was Zoo Radio, with more live U2 content and different 'interference' in terms of interviews etc. I wonder why that was? And I wonder why there are no official promos of the actual broadcast version doing the rounds?
  10. Originally posted by Anam:The strange thing about this promo is that it is clearly designed for radio stations and structured as such. But the actual version broadcast was Zoo Radio, with more live U2 content and different 'interference' in terms of interviews etc. I wonder why that was? And I wonder why there are no official promos of the actual broadcast version doing the rounds?
    Actually I have been doing some research this morning and ended up updating 1992-10-14 Houston TX (I was just about to say so ).

Anyway, what I have found concerning the bootleg "Outside Broadcast" is this:

"OUTSIDE BRODCAST and ZOO RADIO LIVE IN THE USA
    were assumed to be bootlegged copies of the Island Records radio promo "Zoo Radio Transmit".
    This is not exactly true. The official 'Zoo Radio Transmit' contains only one (true) live song, a
    BRILLIANT version of Slow Dancing. There is also a very rough version of Two Shots Of Happy,
    One Shot Of Sad
    , which was recorded on an airplane.

[T]here were actually two versions of 'Zoo Radio Transmit' produced.
    The first one was scrapped after the band decided that they weren't happy with it. The person who
    produced it, Bill [last name withheld], gave a copy of the scrapped version to a person who worked
    for the BBC. Then this BBC person got ahold of some live tracks and booted it."

NB: The bootleg "Outside Broadcast" is now also available in lossless flac on the 1992-10-14 Houston TX show page / audio tab
  11. So is this right?

The promo - Island Records' Zoo Radio Transmit - was ditched early on. The individual tracks booted came from the BBC chap? I had booted cassette versions of Slow Dancing and Two Shots in 1993 that came from this promo, which I only got to hear much, much later. In other wordz, the scrapped version is what pops up on Discogs and eBay for hundreds of €s.

The bootleg then is of what was broadcast on 2FM, Radio One etc? My Italian silver boot is identical to the 2FM broadcast, Fanning wittering away aside. This broadcast version is what has been updated to Houston (thanks BigGirl!) I think. It was never an official promo.

Now for the accompanying TV special! The version on the Uber Deluxe AB set is the same as Channel 4s broadcast version, but shorter than the RTÈ version which had When Love Comes to Town.