1. I hope they go the way of a true nostalgia act, and only play one or two tracks from a very ordinary album and fill the rest of the set with music that fans will actually enjoy
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Another of my random questions that I like to ask from time to time, well two in fact. First of all how many songs do we expect them to play from SOE each night as regulars? And secondly but related how many songs from the album over the duration of the tour? For SOI 6 from the regular album made the cut each night with California, the troubles and volcano bringing the overall total to 9 over the course of the tour. For some reason I feel that with SOE having more songs on it and a few of them already being played live that there could be as many as 8 regulars with the other 5 all contenders to show up at some point although maybe the usual 1 or 2 won’t appear at all so i’d maybe adjust that to 11 played from the album in total. Anyway what thoughts do people have?

regulars -
    Youre the best thing
    blackout
    love is bigger
    american soul
    GOOYOW
    Little things
    Lights of home
    Love is all we have left
    Red flag day

I think we could also hear summer of love, landlady, 13 and the showman on special nights.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

regulars -
    Youre the best thing
    blackout
    love is bigger
    american soul
    GOOYOW
    Little things
    Lights of home
    Love is all we have left
    Red flag day

I think we could also hear summer of love, landlady, 13 and the showman on special nights.
    I’m in almost full agreement with the regulars you’ve chosen. The only reason I’ve got 8 and you’ve picked 9 is I’m not 100% sure about love is all we have left but the rest of them are the ones I’d think they will play every night.
  4. I think we'll see the following:

Regulars:
    Lights of Home
    Best Thing
    GOOYOW
    American Soul
    Little Things
    Blackout
    Love is Bigger

B-Stage (acoustic and rotational):
    Showman
    Summer of Love
    Red Flag Day (if they don't go this route I imagine it'll be a rarity like Volcano was)

Love is All We Have Left will either play on the PA before they come onstage or will be played incompletely as a segue into Streets a la Zooropa.

Don't know about Landlady or 13's chances. The fact that they played it at the BBC means it's chances may be better than I give it credit for, but we'll see I guess.
  5. Has anyone bought Gold ticket package before? What exactly do you get?
  6. @mods

Is it possible to rename the "active forum topics"? Especially on mobile phones it all starts with "Experience & Innocence tour - ........."

You can't make out if it's "Experience & Innocence tour - concert photo" or "Experience & Innocence tour - pre & general sales" or "Experience & Innocence tour - General topic" or .....

That's a little bit annoying. Otherwise a big thanks to all your hard work....!

7. Maybe just name it "e+i - photo", "e+i ticket - sales", "e+i - general" or sth like this....
  8. Originally posted by Christoph001:@mods

Is it possible to rename the "active forum topics"? Especially on mobile phones it all starts with "Experience & Innocence tour - ........."

You can't make out if it's "Experience & Innocence tour - concert photo" or "Experience & Innocence tour - pre & general sales" or "Experience & Innocence tour - General topic" or .....

That's a little bit annoying. Otherwise a big thanks to all your hard work....!

Good suggestion, we will And if you want to use the edit function next time that'd be great

9. Then hurry up, don’t invest in tpg stocks in this country and don’t even visit it! Huge U2 fan but pissed off as of late, and it’s not just because they haven’t been here since 2010.....and we don’t want a nostalgia tour thanks
  10. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[image]
    Then hurry up, don’t invest in tpg stocks in this country and don’t even visit it! Huge U2 fan but pissed off as of late, and it’s not just because they haven’t been here since 2010.....and we don’t want a nostalgia tour thanks
    "soon" in U2 terminology means sometime this decade...
  11. I've got an acquaintance over here in Europe who has been part of the crew since the i+e tour. I believe he's worked on legs in Europe, the US & South America for both i+e & TJT tour. Back in November I was complaining that the band hadn't been to Australia since 2010. We'd missed i+e in Oceania, & it certainly looked like we'd be missing TJT tour (which would be the first tour I've missed since my first show, ZooTV Sydney, in 1993).

My friend said don't be so sure you've missed TJT tour, don't be so sure it won't make it to Australia. He said management was still trying to work out if they can take TJT tour down under, in some form. That kinda blew my mind!

I have to say, I was sceptical then, & am sceptical now. This friend is not a huge fan of the band. Wasn't a fan at all before he got the job, but he's grown to like them after seeing a few shows over the last few years. Not many shows mind you, as he says he's usually flat out at work when the band's performing.

I am a bit of a pessimist, but maybe I should be an optimist, & dream of U2 touring Oz with both TJT tour in stadiums, & e+i in arenas concurrently. Heck, if The Rolling Stones can pack a single tour leg with both stadiums, arenas & theatres, maybe anything is possible. Though U2 touring two totally different productions, one in arenas, one in stadiums, certainly seems like a stretch. I'd imagine Bono would get cold sweats just thinking about all those lyrics that need remembering.

Unlikely, but hey, we can only dream.