1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I think he means these singles (just like NLOTH's ones) went down the general audience without a/much fuss, unlike Vertigo and their previous hits. That's what I've been saying, that The Blackout -whether it's a better or worse song- has the potential to be a bigger hit than anything else since 2005.

I hope so.

2. I know absolutely nothing about the music kids listen to nowadays, but I don't think it is that dramatic. Rock'n'roll music has been about sex ever since Elvis shaked his hips and violence has been a frequent topic since long time before that - check some of the old blues or coutry music. One easily finds "outrageous" examples of lyrics written by the most respected musicians.

"Sparks will fly
    When I finally get myself back on you, baby
    I'm gonna step on the gas
    I want to get there really fast
    I want to fuck your sweet ass "

Who dared to write something like that? The Rolling Stones! (Sparks Will Fly)

"Checkout girls striking poses
    And politicians' garish wives
    With alcoholic cunts like knives "

...again - The Rolling Stones (I Go Wild)

And arguably the most controversial lyrics ever written (in 1957!):

"I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"

... none other than the great great Johnny Cash

I don't want to blow your bubble, but rock'n'roll music (and rock, blues, country...) has never been about innocence, it has ALWAYS been the opposite.
  3. Oh please, the 90's had all of that in videos, music, movies and videogames and we're fine.
  4. As I said another argument for another topic. I can have my opinion everybody else can have theirs but being a kid thats grown up in the current music trend it has changed kids...and has done damage...yes music had it in the 90's......there was no such thing as social media...youtube..ect!!
  5. Look at the world....we are far from fine!
  6. A little less conversation, a little more action please
    All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more bite and a little less bark
    A little less fight and a little more spark
    Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
    Satisfy me baby

Elvis - 1968

In other words : Woman, shut up and do me because you're talking isn't doing anything for me.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:A little less conversation, a little more action please
    All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more bite and a little less bark
    A little less fight and a little more spark
    Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
    Satisfy me baby

Elvis - 1968

In other words : Woman, shut up and do me because you're talking isn't doing anything for me.
    Most people wouldnt connect the dots though..
  8. Anyway.. The black out