1. 2. I expected more.

I was REALLY excited to hear something from this album, hoping it would stand in stark contrast to the safe / middle of the road / good but forgettable tunes I think were too often found on SOI...unfortunately this...as the LEAD SINGLE...is a disappointment to me. I expected a LOT more.

It's not bad...but if 2 = I expected a bit more, that sums it up for me.
  2. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:2. I expected more.

I was REALLY excited to hear something from this album, hoping it would stand in stark contrast to the safe / middle of the road / good but forgettable tunes I think were too often found on SOI...unfortunately this...as the LEAD SINGLE...is a disappointment to me. I expected a LOT more.

It's not bad...but if 2 = I expected a bit more, that sums it up for me.
    This is not the lead single. The Best Thing is.
  3. I vote 2. It's like Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands but not as good as either and the names at then end of some lines is cheesy as heck, Zack.
  4. Who knows, this might even be like track 7 taking the same role as Volcano, it may never even be a single.
  5. Originally posted by gangstawayne69:3 but i'm feeing a bit down after hearing it half a dozen times, I wish u2 would abandon this rock/pop mainstream sounding style and go back to being experimental
    I think they've proven themselves on an experimental level already. Most bands never even get close the reinvention that they did between 87-91, they now know what they like and what they've learned, experiments yeild results, these are the fruits of their labor
  6. A very solid 4
  7. A generous 3.
  8. Auch....a 2
  9. 3 for me, but looking forward to hearing a nice and clean proper studio mix.
  10. This song is pretty funny, it's as if the only recording studio left in the world is owned by Matt Bellamy, and the platitudes-are-a-must-type-rock-band Muse. 3, although I don't care for the boys-name's verses.
  11. A 3. I like the beginning of the song, I really like the bass, guitar and drums parts but dislike the lyrics and how Bono's voice sounds too clean. The sound is quite raw for their usual sound but Bono tries to make it sound radio-friendly. I wish they had gone full out with loads of distortion and heavy guitar sounds just for the sake of it. And would have stayed under 3-4 minutes as the 5 minute version is too long