1. Just listened to this mix again and couldn't agree more, too. It's so much more seamless than the hack job that ended up on the album.

Another thought, since I mentioned when I last posted about this song that I enjoyed the acoustic version of right after Acrobat on E & I...instead, they should've played this song full band elsewhere in the set and followed Acrobat up with Landlady. Same idea lyrically and tonally still a "come down", too.

Regardless, this song should've been a massive hit in 2017. What a missed opportunity.
  2. I still think this song is a banger. The Kygo remix is good too.
  3. Remember that the finalized Best Thing mix was last minute changed days before single release. If I recall correctly, that version they were about to go with but ultimately changed, was NOT the Sci FI Soul mix. Or am i wrong here?
  4. Yeah, I love this song!
  5. not exactly a highlight in the U2 music catalog. definitely not the remixes
  6. Originally posted by marik:Remember that the finalized Best Thing mix was last minute changed days before single release. If I recall correctly, that version they were about to go with but ultimately changed, was NOT the Sci FI Soul mix. Or am i wrong here?
    I didn't know about this, where did you hear this? Very interesting
  7. Originally posted by marik:Remember that the finalized Best Thing mix was last minute changed days before single release. If I recall correctly, that version they were about to go with but ultimately changed, was NOT the Sci FI Soul mix. Or am i wrong here?
    I’ve spoken with four people who were at these album preview sessions. All spoke about it being a much rockier song. And all said they were surprised at the version we got. And all confirmed it wasn’t the Sci-Fi mix.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I’ve spoken with four people who were at these album preview sessions. All spoke about it being a much rockier song. And all said they were surprised at the version we got. And all confirmed it wasn’t the Sci-Fi mix.
    interesting. the way Edge spoke, i was thinking the opposite. that the new version became MORE rockier than the mellow original
  9. Pretty bad lyrics