1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I'll add a tentative 'probably'. It's just extremely non commital to be Ferlinghetti with a song at the final hour. Especially for an album that's been in the works for years. I just worry it is being dumbed down a little. What can they do overnight that they couldn't over the past three years?

I can't judge what's I haven't heard. I'm judging the actions and not the song.
    It's probably some slight tweaks, like more/less bells and whistles or something like that. I guess finishing songs is incredibly complicated due to the various possibilities you have
  2. They're still mixing
  3. Ahhh. So many of you are making me think of this scene from Wedding Crashers lately:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ef23c615-44ce-4376-8cc2-dae003c744d5

Seriously.

Chances are they just added a part or two at the last second, had a spark of inspiration. There's a story of that happening with One in U2byU2. Right as the album was finished mixing and was about to be taken to LA for mastering, Edge came up with that riff that plays over the final part of the song. Everyone paniced and rolled their eyes because he wanted it on the recording, and they did it at the last second.

Hmmm, how'd that song turn out again?

You guys need to chill out and stop being negative Nancys.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:"Instagram: 2 days ago was just a normal fun and tiring day, I was mixing for Payung Teduh in the afternoon and at night had a recording session for Francis Karel. 2 shifts and when I thought the day was going to end, Steve Lillywhite messaged me for an emergency mixing and it HAD to be done as soon as possible. Turned out to be the U2 song we were mixing last year. They are FINALLY releasing it and wanted us to have another shot to mix this new recently recorded version. So i went back to Steve's house at 11 PM to start my 3rd shift of the day, half dead ??... And so we had to have this done by 9 AM-ish in the morning because it has to be approved and mastered. Mixing went till around 3AM, then we took a break while waiting for new files to be downloaded. After a few hours sleep, I woke up at 8 AM, continued the work and by 10-ish we were finally done. Turns out we were competing with a very good mixing engineer from London. This was a battle!!! Hahaha... ... and we won ??. So finally, at last ... the next U2 single 'You're The Best Thing About Me' which will be released on September 6 2017 has been mixed by Steve Lillywhite ... and me ? #soundengineer #mixingengineer #producer #u2 #protools #stevelillywhite"

Instagram:

Mixing The Best Thing.

Whose instagram is this, please?
  5. Steve Lillywhite's mix has a bunch of horns, right?
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Ahhh. So many of you are making me think of this scene from Wedding Crashers lately:

Seriously.

Chances are they just added a part or two at the last second, had a spark of inspiration. There's a story of that happening with One in U2byU2. Right as the album was finished mixing and was about to be taken to LA for mastering, Edge came up with that riff that plays over the final part of the song. Everyone paniced and rolled their eyes because he wanted it on the recording, and they did it at the last second.

I think he added intro to The Fly last minute before the drums start. That maybe the story your talking about from U2byU2
  7. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    I think he added intro to The Fly last minute before the drums start. That maybe the story your talking about from U2byU2
    Nope - check again

The only story I remember them telling about The Fly is when they asked David Bowie for advice and he told them to re-record the song LOL.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Ahhh. So many of you are making me think of this scene from Wedding Crashers lately:

Seriously.

this.
  9. Do we know release dates and formats ?
    CD
    7"
    12"
    Etc?