1. At first I dismissed the lyrics of this song, lately I've been warming a lot to them.
  2. Yeah, I like them a lot. There's quite a few very nice lines there. Like most of SOE, this one has only been growing on me!
  3. Just came across the acoustic version on Spotify - I really like the album version but I think said acoustic v. might actually be better...
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Just came across the acoustic version on Spotify - I really like the album version but I think said acoustic v. might actually be better...
    Listen to the Sci-Fi Soul mix
  5. The acoustic version is so much better!
  6. I am sorry but i like the song....specially in the order of how the album flows...
  7. Just watched the New LIBTAIIW video and Best Thing queued up after. Been a while since I’ve heard it. So good. So joyous.Everythig about it is perfect. It’s a shame more ears didn’t get to hear it.
  8. Enjoying listening to the live version of this from London 1 and really don’t mind being in the minority in preferring the tour version to any other version, quite significantly as well.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:Enjoying listening to the live version of this from London 1 and really don’t mind being in the minority in preferring the tour version to any other version, quite significantly as well.
    It worked so well after Acrobat
  10. I think so too, it was the perfect way to change the tone, the intensity of acrobat was incredible, the song in general and performance level was intense so to bring it down to the stripped back arrangement of best Thing seemed like a good transition, not that I couldn’t have handled a bit more intensity with some heavy guitar but y’know as transitions go Best Thing worked.
  11. Yeah, I agree about the acoustic The Best Thing being, well, the best thing to follow Acrobat. I've been trying to think, what else could go after it and work? Another big rocker? No, that wouldn't work - it'd cheapen the intensity of Acrobat, and besides, a breather is needed, something a little slower. The only other thing I can really think of working next is Landlady.
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Yeah, I agree about the acoustic The Best Thing being, well, the best thing to follow Acrobat. I've been trying to think, what else could go after it and work? Another big rocker? No, that wouldn't work - it'd cheapen the intensity of Acrobat, and besides, a breather is needed, something a little slower. The only other thing I can really think of working next is Landlady.
    I mean it works not only musically, but it's also when Bono becomes Bono again as he washes MacPhisto away