2017-09-05 - Buffalo
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 4
  1. It is strange, that in the US, U2 sometimes don't sell well at all to put it very mildly. It is probably not exactly the case of this show, but just yesterday I stumbled upon this video from 360 tour, where mabe 1/3 of the floor is full, the rest is empty. It looks extremely strange.

The stands look full, but it must feel strange to play for an empty floor. Has anything like this ever happend in Europe? I mean after say 1984
  2. Yeah this must be U2's worst North American leg in a while in terms of demand.

Another reason why I'm sad missing out, because it now seems very easy to get a good spot without queuing too much
  3. Originally posted by Remy:Yeah this must be U2's worst North American leg in a while in terms of demand.

Another reason why I'm sad missing out, because it now seems very easy to get a good spot without queuing too much
    They don't even deserve new songs
  4. The cynic in me thinks that this current US leg has more to do with 'maintaining the brand in a key market' as the album promo builds, than satisfying demand to see U2 live. But that's ok too, I suppose.
  5. Originally posted by Anam:The cynic in me thinks that this current US leg has more to do with 'maintaining the brand in a key market' as the album promo builds, than satisfying demand to see U2 live. But that's ok too, I suppose.
    That sounds logical in a way, keeping the brand U2 alive and the momentum going building up to SOE.
  6. Originally posted by Happy24:[..]
    It is strange, that in the US, U2 sometimes don't sell well at all to put it very mildly. It is probably not exactly the case of this show, but just yesterday I stumbled upon this video from 360 tour, where mabe 1/3 of the floor is full, the rest is empty. It looks extremely strange.

[YouTube Video]

The stands look full, but it must feel strange to play for an empty floor. Has anything like this ever happend in Europe? I mean after say 1984
    In the past (as above) it was intentionally not packed solid on the floor. Not sure about Europe, but that's how GA usually is in the States. Still a sellout, but space left intentionally...

As far as not selling out... it's all about the market. This 3rd leg in particular has got to be the worst routed tour I can remember logistically. Although, Buffalo does kind of surprise me due to the fact that Toronto is so close...
  7. Originally posted by Anam:The cynic in me thinks that this current US leg has more to do with 'maintaining the brand in a key market' as the album promo builds, than satisfying demand to see U2 live. But that's ok too, I suppose.
    "Key market" being the problem with this statement. If they are looking at these 3rd leg cities as key markets, they have more issues than just not selling these shows out...
  8. Anyone have an idea when we can enter? I'm not in GA
  9. I'm wondering why MS was dropped.