2017-09-08 - Minneapolis
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    Can you check your upload, looks like Beautiful Day is actually Elevation and Beautiful Day is not included in the upload, also is there any information on the recording equipment. Haven't actually seen any recordings for Minneapolis, would be nice if this could be fixed and possibly even a Lossless upload.

Thanks
    Nice to see you around.
  2. Thanks Sergio, I linger and lurk various sites, when I see some of the lossy recordings pop up, I get curious about the source and wonder if some inexperienced tapers simply need assistance with mastering.

No harm in asking for help, especially if it provides sources to fill gaps. Seems a lot of U.S. shows specifically this tour were either not recorded or possibly just being held back, but if we can get members and fans to work together, it would good for all collectors.

If you attend a show at least make an attempt to record, you never know if a source may be the only one, regardless of the outcome, so many fans simply want a recording of the show they attended.

Offering assistance may help getting some recordings shared and a lot of people have the means to improve recordings .

Thanks for the welcome. Hoping that our Mexican friends are Ok after the earthquakes and are able to get to the shows and able to record as well as our South American fans.
  3. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    Can you check your upload, looks like Beautiful Day is actually Elevation and Beautiful Day is not included in the upload, also is there any information on the recording equipment. Haven't actually seen any recordings for Minneapolis, would be nice if this could be fixed and possibly even a Lossless upload.

Thanks

thanks for pointing out my screwup! i have fixed it and reuploaded the show. as far as the equipment? it's just my iphone 7 bro. the venue has notoriously horrible sound, the sound to my ears was not much better. there were massive complaints to tv stations and radio stations about this. anyhoo, thanks for alerting me to the error.
    link:

https://mega.nz/#!weZkyKKZ!AC2zvGZa_0QnIB8BsEXdW40Fb9CMlzdT5TYdDq9FIuM
  4. Thanks Tal, at least you made the attempt, I am just trying to find any sources to fill gaps and complete "The Joshua Tree 2017" tour. I appreciate the effort.

I was at Pittsburgh and had a similar experience, I guess depending where you are in a stadium the sound is going to be hit or miss. Minneapolis has such a nice stadium, sadly I don't think it was designed for concerts.

Hopefully as an old skool fan you at least enjoyed the show
  5. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    Thanks Sergio, I linger and lurk various sites, when I see some of the lossy recordings pop up, I get curious about the source and wonder if some inexperienced tapers simply need assistance with mastering.

No harm in asking for help, especially if it provides sources to fill gaps. Seems a lot of U.S. shows specifically this tour were either not recorded or possibly just being held back, but if we can get members and fans to work together, it would good for all collectors.

If you attend a show at least make an attempt to record, you never know if a source may be the only one, regardless of the outcome, so many fans simply want a recording of the show they attended.

Offering assistance may help getting some recordings shared and a lot of people have the means to improve recordings .

Thanks for the welcome. Hoping that our Mexican friends are Ok after the earthquakes and are able to get to the shows and able to record as well as our South American fans.
    Yes, I agree. A poor recording is better than no recording at all.

I don't think there are any truly recording-less shows anymore. Even those where no recording has surfaced probably were recorded by at least one taper; that they're willing to take the time to go through the recording, split it, treat it and upload it is another thing, and we can't break into anyone's house to force them to do it
  6. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    Thanks Tal, at least you made the attempt, I am just trying to find any sources to fill gaps and complete "The Joshua Tree 2017" tour. I appreciate the effort.

I was at Pittsburgh and had a similar experience, I guess depending where you are in a stadium the sound is going to be hit or miss. Minneapolis has such a nice stadium, sadly I don't think it was designed for concerts.

Hopefully as an old skool fan you at least enjoyed the show
    yeah i would like to have all the gaps filled in too. yeah the whole ceiling is glass or plexiglass and there's no sound deadening or wood in the whole place so sound just bounces into oblivion. i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, but it was good. probably their weakest performance i have witnessed though.