Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. If it happens I said it first! :p
  2. but..no way in hell they will release the album with Apple (also next werk), ..they could't, could they?..
  3. They won't. Album will be released in December. They are probably confused with another release such as Best Thing.
  4. They DID say when SOI was released that they had plans with Apple that spanned "the next few years", didn't they?

I've also seen bands release their albums digitally with the physical version to come months later. Could see them doing that.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    TV, radio and different promo stuff, probably non attendable unless you "know someone who knows someone", if you know what I mean.

Or if you are a lucky winner...
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:They DID say when SOI was released that they had plans with Apple that spanned "the next few years", didn't they?

I've also seen bands release their albums digitally with the physical version to come months later. Could see them doing that.
    This
  7. A little album called Songs Of Innocence springs to mind...
  8. Bono: "We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before… "
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Bono: "We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before… "
    His statement alone is enough as a response why this is not happening

But seriously, I personally think they did have plans for innovative things with Apple, but scrapped all collaboration plans when the SOI release turned into a shitstorm for the band and the company alike.
  10. It's possible, for sure.

But I wouldn't put it past them to release the album digitally before physically. Physical copies in time for Christmas, but we get a surprise "LISTEN NOW" release sometime over the next couple weeks.
  11. I hope Bono will never use the word innovative anymore.
  12. You know, I just realized - this will be the shortest span of time U2 has released two albums in quite a while. If SoE was released in 2016 (as was supposedly originally planned) it would've been even shorter (2 years!).