2017-10-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    they have two nights... so they can mix it up from both recordings or from some previous nights (they filmed last few shows in USA too)
    I think Edge has problems though both nights at the same part so they’ll need to cut away from him and possibly add in some guitar parts too. Or as you said they could use previous nights but I’m not sure how many times Best Thing was filmed full Electric on main stage. Might have to do recordings at future shows to get it.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think Edge has problems though both nights at the same part so they’ll need to cut away from him and possibly add in some guitar parts too. Or as you said they could use previous nights but I’m not sure how many times Best Thing was filmed full Electric on main stage. Might have to do recordings at future shows to get it.
    or they can use guitar from Fallon
  3. Sweetest Thing was fun okay people. Just everyone smile! The Best Thing was weird though, I can't make sense of the guitar solo backing track.
  4. Sweetest Thing wasnt a bad closer but I hope they go for Spanish Eyes on the DVD and Sweetest Thing as a bonus. And please add ASOH as a bonus
  5. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Sweetest Thing wasnt a bad closer but I hope they go for Spanish Eyes on the DVD and Sweetest Thing as a bonus. And please add ASOH as a bonus
    +1, I would really love for ASOH to be included in some fashion.
  6. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Sweetest Thing wasnt a bad closer but I hope they go for Spanish Eyes on the DVD and Sweetest Thing as a bonus. And please add ASOH as a bonus
    I honestly believe we won’t get any of they three or we might get Spanish eyes and/or sweetest things as bonus tracks with One as the ending, I know it’s weird to cut the last track but I’ve got Breathe being omitted as opener from rose bowl in mind. I hope the same as you though that Spanish eyes is closer on dvd and ASOH as a bonus.
  7. Was New Orleans one of the “last few USA shows filmed” that I’ve seen people talk about here? There wasn’t mention made at concert or posted signs.
  8. So fucking thrilled with Spanish Eyes. Better end up on the dvd!
  9. I just can't believe it. Nor can I understand.

He's never done such a thing. Yes, backing tracks have been part of their shows maybe since TUF Tour. But always as am addition to their playing, never to replace them or fake a solo.

I'm disappointed. Perhaps there is a technical or logical explanation, but at face value, it seems like a cheap cop out.
  10. Originally posted by kite29:[..]
    I just can't believe it. Nor can I understand.

He's never done such a thing. Yes, backing tracks have been part of their shows maybe since TUF Tour. But always as am addition to their playing, never to replace them or fake a solo.

I'm disappointed. Perhaps there is a technical or logical explanation, but at face value, it seems like a cheap cop out.
    Uhhmmm.... Invisible on the I+E tour is already one example.

They have used backing tracks with guitar parts so much. I'm still baffled people are pissed off by it... I'm pretty sure the first performance(s) had no or too little backing tracking... And tbh that sounded terrible.