2017-10-10 - La Plata
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. thx... I just wanted to say,that this is english speaking forum, there are specific threads for other languages...
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That could really back fire if Argentina don’t win. It’s also backfired on me thinking the show was going to start at a better time,that’s got to be one of the latest start times ever for u2 10.30pm local at the earliest probably later.
    I guess it has to do with the Latin / Anglosaxon times and costumes. We Latins use to do everything much later than you Saxons. We have lunch at 2-3pm, dinner at 9-10pm, etc For example, U2 started at 22:15pm in my first show in 2005, then no earlier than 22pm for all subsequent shows in Spain. So 22:30 in Argentina isn't that far fetched - although it's a good point that the general mood if Argentina is out of the World Cup will be bad
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I guess it has to do with the Latin / Anglosaxon times and costumes. We Latins use to do everything much later than you Saxons. We have lunch at 2-3pm, dinner at 9-10pm, etc For example, U2 started at 22:15pm in my first show in 2005, then no earlier than 22pm for all subsequent shows in Spain. So 22:30 in Argentina isn't that far fetched - although it's a good point that the general mood if Argentina is out of the World Cup will be bad
    I didn’t realise that, makes a bit more sense then. Well I hope Argentina do win to keep the mood positive going into the show.

4. I remember an evening at the amsterdam arena, bon jovi palyed and the netherlands were very good in the european turnament. so they showed the match neth. - france prior the show. bj started at 22h ( I think) and played until 1h with an extra permission that evening.

it was a very special evening because of this and I will never ever forget that. so gonna be special tonight as well ... in wich way every. And Hell what a telly!
  5. Question - why do U2 usually play in La Plata nowadays when it comes to Argentina? The River Plate stadium in Buenos Airies is a bigger stadium in terms of capacity
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I didn’t realise that, makes a bit more sense then. Well I hope Argentina do win to keep the mood positive going into the show.
    Keep in mind that something like this happened in the Slane show of 2001.

The band let the audience see the Ireland football match which allowed the team to qualify to the World Cup. And we all know very well how that show went on.

That's a great precedent for tonight. Could that atmosphere and performance be repeated?

#U2HistoryInTheMaking
  7. Originally posted by kite29:[..]
    Keep in mind that something like this happened in the Slane show of 2001.

The band let the audience see the Ireland football match which allowed the team to qualify to the World Cup. And we all know very well how that show went on.

That's a great precedent for tonight. Could that atmosphere and performance be repeated?

#U2HistoryInTheMaking
    So no pressure to the Argentina national team you’ve not only got the hopes of a nation to live up to and also a stadium full of people depending on you to get a good result and not ruin there night lol.
  8. And we have a confirmed mixlr for tonight!
    You don't know what you have until you loose it.
  9. Thanks, I hope Argentina wins too and U2 releases the album tonight
  10. Current score Ecuador 1 Messi 2.