2017-10-10 - La Plata
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Bono closes the show talking about Messi... just great
  2. Bono opens a champagne bottle, starts talking about "Trying to throw your arms around the world"... says goodnight and leaves
  3. Well that was a disappointment.
  4. Haven't really tuned in all that much this tour (even though I saw it live twice) compared to 2015 but that show just reminded me of how much fun it is to listen in. See you all tomorrow night then!
  5. What are they going to play tomorrow? Just MW instead of Best Thing?
  6. I'd love them to start the encore with The Blackout... won't happen though

7. what was that bit about a flash mob?
  8. Did we even have mixlrs? Totally forgot about the show
  9. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:Question - why do U2 usually play in La Plata nowadays when it comes to Argentina? The River Plate stadium in Buenos Airies is a bigger stadium in terms of capacity

I seem to remember (from back in 2010) it had something to do with city permissions or something like that, but I'm not sure and I can't find any info.
    Anyway U2 haven't been playing the biggest capacity stadiums in every city. For example, Montjuic is much smaller than Camp Nou, but yet they chose the former for this tour. Twickenham is smaller than Wembley and same story for some other cities.
    And regardless all of that, playing La Plata is like playing Buenos Aires, just as playing Anaheim is like playing Los Angeles or playing Twickenham is doing a London gig - despite what these smaller cities or suburbs are administratively.