1. I would've gone with the "they'll take a break and see how it goes from there" option.
  2. I believe it'll be their last.
  3. not their last, next tour indoors, final album and tour outdoors ending back at slane castle
  4. December 1st 2017 - Bono: If you like Songs of Experience, stay with us for Songs of Ascent. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I've said that before…
  5. Originally posted by bushido529:December 1st 2017 - Bono: If you like Songs of Experience, stay with us for Songs of Ascent. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I've said that before…
    I'd probably take that, at least we would have confirmation the trilogy was on.
  6. Originally posted by bushido529:December 1st 2017 - Bono: If you like Songs of Experience, stay with us for Songs of Ascent. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I've said that before…
    It'd be 2019 before they even get in the studio to work on it. SOE was unique in that it was already in the pipeline when SOI was released. Even then, it took three years to begin surfacing.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    It'd be 2019 before they even get in the studio to work on it. SOE was unique in that it was already in the pipeline when SOI was released. Even then, it took three years to begin surfacing.
    I think the next album we get after SOE probably won't be out until 2021/22 with the final one being released on the 50th anniversary of u2 in 2026. It would still be nice to get the announcement though that they were planning another album regardless of when that would be released.
  8. I think they will always be a band as long as all 4 of them are alive and healthy.. technically I should have voted 'not sure' but of course I opted for no.. I don't see why they would stop.. they can stop touring, but still make music or vice versa.... but I don't see them dissappear completely. Also there should be plenty of material for more albums..
  9. I think it's an artistic ploy, tying in with these 'brushes with mortality' and the 'letters' idea behind the songs. I think there is mileage in that for now. As artists, it's hard to imagine them not making music, and given how interdependent they are in that regard, they will probably be around for a while yet. It wiuld be very sad to contemplate a world without U2. So few good guys these days.
  10. 2016 I think the quote meant