1. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    i hope in the future after they are retired they release 1 album with all the b sides on it.
    i was Hoping to buy SOE on xmas this year and listen to the album without knowing anything either..but the internet and my will power made it too hard.
    You can always pretend to be someone else and catch snippets off the internet etc then on release day fool yourself into thinking WOW! a new U2 album which may or may not be any good!

2. I like the song. And I like the look of these shots

3. With Anton directing it’s going to be colorful for sure.
  4. Great thing about U2 - so many different soundscapes and styles in their 40 year catalog.

Bad thing about U2...they are making music in 2017 that has a soundscape and style that is (to ME) forgettable, uninspired, and vacant.

When I hear "Best Thing" and now this song...knowing how many years they have been tweaking and obsessing...if these are the first tracks out of the gate, it does not bode well for the rest of the album.

Now...I am ready for the oft-repeated position of some on U2Start when criticism arrives:
    1. - Don't be a fan if you don't like what they do ("U2: Love em or leave em")
    2. - "You say it's a bad song? It isn't."

Friends...I predict rough waters ahead with this album. I recommend stop swatting away all criticism and get used to a discussion amongst fans about the quality of this band's music output. Where their heads, hearts, and ears are at. Because right now...to this fan of 25 years+...they are not aligning with what I think of as good music.
  5. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:Great thing about U2 - so many different soundscapes and styles in their 40 year catalog.

Bad thing about U2...they are making music in 2017 that has a soundscape and style that is (to ME) forgettable, uninspired, and vacant.

When I hear "Best Thing" and now this song...knowing how many years they have been tweaking and obsessing...if these are the first tracks out of the gate, it does not bode well for the rest of the album.

Now...I am ready for the oft-repeated position of some on U2Start when criticism arrives:
    1. - Don't be a fan if you don't like what they do ("U2: Love em or leave em")
    2. - "You say it's a bad song? It isn't."

Friends...I predict rough waters ahead with this album. I recommend swatting away all criticism and get used to a discussion amongst fans about the quality of this band's music output. Where their heads, hearts, and ears are at. Because right now...to this fan of 25 years+...they are not aligning with what I think of as good music.
    Good comment...if what I have heard so far is indicative of this album's content then this will be where I jump off the U2 train...only so much mediocrity one can tolerate.
  6. Have people heard the full track? I thought there was only the 56 seconds leaked? In the internet age, I guess that's sufficient for a premature evaluation and rush to judgement of an unheard album full track and unreleased album. I really hope U2 don't read 'fan' forums.
  7. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:[..]
    Good comment...if what I have heard so far is indicative of this album's content then this will be where I jump off the U2 train...only so much mediocrity one can tolerate.
    The hilarious thing is that someone has criticized every single U2 album they have ever put out as “forgettable, vacant” etc. Every album brings some fans in and loses others. That’s music. That’s art. I love the differing opinions.
  8. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Have people heard the full track? I thought there was only the 56 seconds leaked? In the internet age, I guess that's sufficient for a premature evaluation and rush to judgement of an unheard album full track and unreleased album. I really hope U2 don't read 'fan' forums.
    I agree that it’s to early to make a judgement on the album but as for the song 56 seconds is about a quarter of a song and I think that’s sufficient to at least get a certain vibe from it. I like the song but it’s not going to appeal to fans who prefer a more experimental or heavier u2, I think that’s understandable and people are rightly voicing there opinion. I like a mixture of heavy and poppy sort of uplifting tunes, some people favour more towards one side than the other, also I don’t mind simplistic or experimental whereas some people have a preference, it’s all good that’s what musics all about different opinions.
  9. Excellent song.