1. This doesn't answer my question. What's objectively "bad" about this? Do you not like U2 making a political criticism? Nothing new.

And if the real reason people on here are hating this video is because they're pro-Trump, well, I'm out.
  2. That's actually a very good shot. He has sort of endorsed the KKK. I saw someone comparing the video (especially the boy washed up on the beach) to the Sarajevo satellite link-up, which was intended to make us feel uncomfortable. I like that about U2.
  3. Originally posted by Sev00:Jesus christ those comments. When I saw the vid yesterday, there were only comments from U2 fans about liking the song or not and mostly about the Mexico video. And now it's overrun by those comments... They aren't anything from U2 fans, and this is obviously an "internet raid" by groups of die-hard Trump fanatic assholes from the_donald subreddit (I checked, they did post about the video, probably what brought all those comments).

Fuck that. I'm glad U2 and the Israeli crew that made the video did this. We can't let these assholes win beause of their army of internet trolls. (And by assholes I mean the trolls from r/the_donald, not american republicans)
    +1
  4. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    That's actually a very good shot. He has sort of endorsed the KKK. I saw someone comparing the video (especially the boy washed up on the beach) to the Sarajevo satellite link-up, which was intended to make us feel uncomfortable. I like that about U2.
    Me too.

I don't have a problem with a political video no matter what the "position" is, but I can't say I'm unhappy about them being anti-Trump, or rather...what everyone really should be. Seriously, if you (generally speaking) support this prick at this point.....I can't even put it into words.
  5. I actually think it's a great video. One of their best.
    Videos have always been their weakest point in my opinion .
    I could watch that one over and over
  6. U2 have received a lot of hate for all their political actions and for all their poverty speeches etc.., so it's no surprise that people will hate them for relating Trump to the KKK.

Personally, I think it's good what U2 is doing. Anyone should be able to share their opinions and stand up for themselves, isn't that what freedom of speech is all about?
  7. this on the nose symbolism isn't challenging anyone's thoughts, you either already think Trump is a literal klansman or laugh at how awkward the imagery of the Irish band and Israeli production company is. Out of touch.
  8. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:this on the nose symbolism isn't challenging anyone's thoughts, you either already think Trump is a literal klansman or laugh at how awkward the imagery of the Irish band and Israeli production company is. Out of touch.
    How is that “out of touch”? “Out of touch” would be a video that DOESN’T criticize Trump lol.

I’d argue that the time for subtlety has long passed.
  9. I'm flabbergasted. That video almost literally says Trump supporters = KKK.
  10. I think it safe to say Hillary didn't get many votes from the kkk
  11. I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think that’s the case .I think they are sort of tarring Trump with the same brush as the kkk. That would be a different matter to debate whether that’s right or wrong. Certainly though I could see how kkk members would share certain values with trump, however there are plenty of people who voted for trump for reasons that are more understandable, and I think the band recognise this.
  12. Finally, someone else. The implication that Trump and the KKK are connected somehow is beyond asinine. It’s okay to dislike the guy, but let’s be fair. Maybe they could have also had a portion of the video showing Antifa burning and looting.

Conservatives are mad, btw, because this crap is everywhere - radio, television, music, sports. Hence the pissed YouTube comments.