1. My favourite JT Bad performance is definitely Rome 1, due to the speech and the "I remember" part in the Heroes snippet which I haven't heard since or before like that. So so so powerful. However, I still need to relisten to all of the 2017 Bad's so I might change this opinion

Thanks all so far for sharing stuff! There's a lot of gems that I will share in my article but this is already very useful.
  2. Not best, but strangest and funniest: Milton Keynes 1985, the backing track of Bad stops functioning due to the pissing rain and Bono improvises some (rather lame) jokes, it is funny just to see him trying.
    Today he would be improvising a 20 min speech about the One campaign.

3. Also, I'm too fond of the November 8 '87 show in Denver... That Bad for me is "The" Bad, the benchmark in which every other Bad is compared against.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Not best, but strangest and funniest: Milton Keynes 1985, the backing track of Bad stops functioning due to the pissing rain and Bono improvises some (rather lame) jokes, it is funny just to see him trying.
    Today he would be improvising a 20 min speech about the One campaign.
    I remember that one, its a real strange one with real lame jokes
  5. Rome 2010 and 2017
    Chicago 2005 with The First Time snippet
  6. Ok, my top 3 (admittedly I haven't heard all the shows, not even close), not particular order:

a) Wembley 93. Joe Shankar with the violin. Also very emotional after a Sarajevo linkup that particularly affected Bono.

b) Denver 87. That version captured in Rattle and Hum represents everything why I fell in love with this band in the first place. Already said it several times, but I find that moment when Bono is exhausted and rests for half a second on Adam's shoulder really really amazing.

c) Kansas 2001. You get a double treat, including the only way to listen to When I Look At The World, which lasts long enough to be called a song instead of a snippet, but it's still inside Bad in Matrushka style. Maybe the best snippet in Bad ever.

Special mention: I love the Notre Dame Bad in 2001 as well, already mentioned by hindutimes
  7. Washington DC, 1992-08-16. And of course the Wide Awake In America version. And like Hindutimes said, Slane 2001 is a very special one as well with some subtle lyric changes.
  8. Let me talk about some performances from each tour right now...

1985-04-15 - East Rutherford: Longest Bad, full of good snippets, and tribute to New Jersey's crowd

1986-06-08 - Denver: Bad sound, but only time I remember that Amazing Grace was snippeted at Bad and works very well, Biko and Set Them Free are some of my faves snippets ever in Bad

1987-04-14 San Diego, California: Best version ever of Ruby Tuesday's snippet, its longer than usual and Bono's voice was great

1987-05-09 Hartford: Bono's voice great again, he improvises a lot at first Wide Awake, and also at snippets part (he even uses a not listed snippet of Shine Like Stars, only time I remember that he use this snippet outside With Or Without You)

1990-01-10 Rotterdam: In therms of Bono's singing, maybe the best version of the song

1992-05-22 Milan: Edge's guitar at end, sounds very very intense and good, he plays in a different way, and Bono also sang So Cruel at the end

1992-06-13 Kiel: At second half of song, he sang Walk To The Water, one of my fave b-sides
  9. 1993-08-12 London: Version with violin, no more words

1998-03-05 - Tokyo: This version sounds better than Santiago to my ears, very good and classic snippets

2001-11-27 - Kansas City: Very decent version, and very good snippet of When I Look At The World

2005-05-07 - Chicago: Bono's voice and singing were very strong for this era, performance with emotion and decent snippet and very good at all

2005-05-12 - Chicago: Very good singing at first half of the song, and very good snippets at end

2010-09-23 - Brussels: Very interesting version, for curious reason... Bono on guitar at the end, and he plays something that sounds like a not listed snippet of Unknown Caller (listen the studio version at start)

2015-10-29 - London: First of 2 performances of Bad with Patti Smith, and sounds way better than Paris

2017-07-12 - Berlin: Heroes and Helden snippeted together, no more words about this very good version, way better than that lame versions with America snippet
  10. Originally posted by fleavox:1993-08-12 London: Version with violin, no more words

1998-03-05 - Tokyo: This version sounds better than Santiago to my ears, very good and classic snippets

2001-11-27 - Kansas City: Very decent version, and very good snippet of When I Look At The World

2005-05-07 - Chicago: Bono's voice and singing were very strong for this era, performance with emotion and decent snippet and very good at all

2005-05-12 - Chicago: Very good singing at first half of the song, and very good snippets at end

2010-09-23 - Brussels: Very interesting version, for curious reason... Bono on guitar at the end, and he plays something that sounds like a not listed snippet of Unknown Caller (listen the studio version at start)

2015-10-29 - London: First of 2 performances of Bad with Patti Smith, and sounds way better than Paris

2017-07-12 - Berlin: Heroes and Helden snippeted together, no more words about this very good version, way better than that lame versions with America snippet
    Good choices! Some of my favorites, especially 2005-05-12-Chicago. I would also add 2005-09-14-Toronto.
  11. César is right about Glasgow Barrowlands 6th & 7th November 1984. The roof got blown off I know since I was at both nights so those Bad's are special for me.

Also of course, Live Aid 1985 which catapulted them to global superstardom ( they were heading that way but this piece of rock and roll history put a rocket under it). Bono wrapped up in the moment with the world watching, epic at the time, epic now.

Zooropa Wembley August 1993 Salman Rushdie night... or the next night with Jo Shankar on violin is unique

London Twickenham 1 July 2017 ... the first time with Heroes, we were up close and the passion & energy & emotion, wonderful.

Sao Paulo 2 21-10-17 lovely extended version
  12. Some more:

Brussels 2010, Bono's "solo" on the guitar
    Glastonbury 2011, I love that snippet.