1. So did I ! ....and the next night too... But Remy chose the Edinburgh version from the night before on 5-11-84 ...it is a scandal.!

2. Thanks a lot Remy! Great work! I remember listening to most of the versions of Bad a few years ago, I never got sick of them either still one of my top 5 U2 songs. I can't believe I somehow missed the 1997-09-13 version of All I Want Is You/Bad snippet. Nice little treat today!
  3. Well done on completing an amazing piece. Clearly a labour of love! Looking forward to reading and listening. Just when I thought I'd finally settled on my own definitive versions, this piece means I may have to reassess!
  4. This 2005 version is a juwel:
  5. But the one he posted is one of the best versions ever.
  6. Disagree again. The best from that year, probably; one of the best of that decade, maybe. But "ever" goes from 1984 to 2017 and there are around 150 better versions than the Chicago 2005 one ::

7. GREAT WORK!

One thing - it's not true that the backing sync track is not present "at all" in the album version. Although the song doesn't start with it - like almost all live versions - it does appear in the middle of it, which you can hear especially clearly around third minute, when Bono finishes his "wide awake!" shouts.
  8. Originally posted by Johnny99:[..]

GREAT WORK!

One thing - it's not true that the backing sync track is not present "at all" in the album version. Although the song doesn't start with it - like almost all live versions - it does appear in the middle of it, which you can hear especially clearly around third minute, when Bono finishes his "wide awake!" shouts.
    Can’t believe I’ve not noticed that before either. I do usually listen to live versions though but just listened to the album version there and I can hear it especially clearly after the first ‘I’m not sleeping’. Although listening to the album version makes me want to listen to a live version again where I think the song really shines.
  9. It's not so prominent like in the live versions and it can easily be missed if you don't know it's there..