1. They never really got into Bad in 1998 but Boni gets so passionate in Santiago and goes onarojng encouraging the band and yes, it's not a great overall performance but they clearly love the song, which is great news for the rest of us!!
  2. Originally posted by Johnny99:[..]

GREAT WORK!

One thing - it's not true that the backing sync track is not present "at all" in the album version. Although the song doesn't start with it - like almost all live versions - it does appear in the middle of it, which you can hear especially clearly around third minute, when Bono finishes his "wide awake!" shouts.
    Wow, I never noticed this either. Thanks for pointing that out!
  3. i thought 2017 best Bad was Toronto. but this superb performance (and video) is equal or better. Rome 1. Enjoy

4. Better than any ZOO TV performance
  5. just found out this:

6. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]

They never really got into Bad in 1998 but Boni gets so passionate in Santiago and goes onarojng encouraging the band and yes, it's not a great overall performance but they clearly love the song, which is great news for the rest of us!!
    Tokyo is good imo.

Boni does a Ruby Tuesday snippet (one of the best snippets) and Never Tear Us Apart.
  7. Boni is the cousin of Bonk?
  8. They played the studio version on German mainstream radio WDR2 yesterday. Amazing.
  9. Not sure if there’s a live aid topic but do you guys ever wonder what the performance what of been like if bono didn’t jump off the stage and they had time to play pride? I reckon the crowd would’ve been epic for pride in the stadium