1. BAD was immensely epic...... that was enough for the price of admission
  2. The encore of the E&I tour is missing Bad.
  3. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:Not sure if there’s a live aid topic but do you guys ever wonder what the performance what of been like if bono didn’t jump off the stage and they had time to play pride? I reckon the crowd would’ve been epic for pride in the stadium
    I've thought about that in the past, I think we even discussed it some time ago in this forum.

In my opinion, if Bono hadn't jumped off stage and they had played Pride instead (which by that time was U2's biggest hit together with New Year's Day) would have had a double effect: on the one hand, Wembley would have exploded with Pride as you very well say. But on the other hand, U2's performance would have fallen into the "another great 3-song performance" group instead of standing in its own category which was what made it über epic and made them stand head and shoulders above the rest. Bono going into the audience and breaking the barrier was actually what made it their performance special.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've thought about that in the past, I think we even discussed it some time ago in this forum.

In my opinion, if Bono hadn't jumped off stage and they had played Pride instead (which by that time was U2's biggest hit together with New Year's Day) would have had a double effect: on the one hand, Wembley would have exploded with Pride as you very well say. But on the other hand, U2's performance would have fallen into the "another great 3-song performance" group instead of standing in its own category which was what made it über epic and made them stand head and shoulders above the rest. Bono going into the audience and breaking the barrier was actually what made it their performance special.
    Completely agree. U2 were no strangers to giving powerful performances, but Bono’s unscripted adventure during Bad was a whole new thing and unlike the rest of Live Aid. They weren’t the most popular act there and if they’d just played their three songs I’m sure it’d have made an impression but they wouldn’t have been the standout everyone was talking about afterward.
  5. Definetely, Sergio!

6. I was at both of these shows. The Glasgow show in particular was outstanding. The Hereos snippet was brilliant in London but Glasgow just edges it for me. Best gig ive ever seen, the atmosphere was electric.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Agree with this 100%.

The rest of the band might have felt hugely frustrated not playing the 'big hit' but Bono's antics made their performance unique and got people talking. You only ever really hear of U2 and Queen when people discuss the top performances from that day.
  8. I'm listening to some old performances of Bad after seeing it was omitted last night, and went back to my first live Bad (I&E Chicago 2015)

I remember thinking this in the moment, and now that I'm watching it again I have the same thought - that goddamn dog whistle in the chorus ruins the entire emotional impact of the song. I tried not to be such a sourpuss in the moment and managed to enjoy the hell out of Bad, but I couldn't even make it through this video.

I'm sure we've had the discussion before, but is there anything we can do to relay to Terry that he needs to shut the fuck up during Bad? The Edge has done just fine without the ear-piercing howl of a synthesizer backing him up during the payoffs. I don't remember it being nearly as awful during the TJT shows I saw in the US, but those were outdoors and 3x the size of an arena so maybe the sound isn't as disturbing.

Notice how you can barely hear the band during the "not fade away" chorus.

It really grinds my gears! When the snippet that precedes Bad is the best part of its whole performance, you need to start re-tracing your steps.

/rant
  9. Originally posted by MattG:I'm listening to some old performances of Bad after seeing it was omitted last night, and went back to my first live Bad (I&E Chicago 2015)

I remember thinking this in the moment, and now that I'm watching it again I have the same thought - that goddamn dog whistle in the chorus ruins the entire emotional impact of the song. I tried not to be such a sourpuss in the moment and managed to enjoy the hell out of Bad, but I couldn't even make it through this video.

[YouTube Video]

I'm sure we've had the discussion before, but is there anything we can do to relay to Terry that he needs to shut the fuck up during Bad? The Edge has done just fine without the ear-piercing howl of a synthesizer backing him up during the payoffs. I don't remember it being nearly as awful during the TJT shows I saw in the US, but those were outdoors and 3x the size of an arena so maybe the sound isn't as disturbing.

Notice how you can barely hear the band during the "not fade away" chorus.

It really grinds my gears! When the snippet that precedes Bad is the best part of its whole performance, you need to start re-tracing your steps.

/rant
    It's dreadful. Particularly so in this video. I remember Dublin 3 Vertigo being the first time I heard it and I could never get my head around the need for it whatsoever.
  10. Just take it into izotope rx7 and zap it if it's that killer.