1. so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
  2. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    Very sorry to hear about your loss and empathize with your struggle to come to terms with the strained relationship you had with your mom. I've been there. It sucks.

As for the song, it really does put one in a ethereal place, doesn't it? I hope it's bringing you some solace.
  3. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    I’m sorry to hear this as well. I think the most important thing you can do is to let yourself feel whatever it is you are feeling and may it lead you to peace.
  4. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    I can only echo the words above and say sorry for your loss. I often turn to music in difficult times and it makes sense of a lot of things.
  5. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    Man, i'm sitting here for half an hour, thinking about how i could cheer you up. But honestly, i don't know. At least, someone in germany (Five thousand miles away?) is thinking about you and your mom. Do you remember some favorite dish, she made for you? If so, try to replicate it. Nothing feels like home, like mom's food. Don't think about the bad times, i'm sure you had some good times with your mom, you can remember.

Stay strong
  6. I am like you Christian. Don't have a good relationship with my mother either. I think it is only natural to experience a lot of emotions right now and that is ok. I only hope that music can give comfort and closure. The u2start community is here for you too, buddy.
  7. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    I’m so sorry to hear. I lost my mom to cancer when I was only 12. She was a huge u2 fan and One was her favorite song. I couldn’t listen to it all the way through for years. Stay strong and my condolences.
  8. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation
    So sorry to read this, my friend.
  9. Originally posted by cqleonardo:so, I lost my mom today, I'm not good but I didn't have the greatest relationship with her so is like, okay??? my point is, the whole day I was humming this song in my head, dont know why but something in it fitted the situation

You're in my thoughts friend. As others have said take some solace from the music you love when the time feels right, it really can be a great healer.

10. New official remix from Paul Oakenfold