1. listening to this one for the first time

whatever happened in the first part was just completely ruined by that iris free yourself bit at the end
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:listening to this one for the first time

whatever happened in the first part was just completely ruined by that iris free yourself bit at the end
    Oh I absolutely adored that ending. Not a fan of the Iris one but this ending is fantastic.
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:listening to this one for the first time

Really? I think the outro takes it to new heights. The wall of sound reminds me of Pink Floyd, totally new for the band. One of my favorites.
  4. I think the ending is amazing, "free yourself, to be yourself, if only you could see yourself"

i love that message, to get out of your own way
  5. Originally posted by raynman009:These lyrics are frightening to me somewhat. It seems they are of Bono dying and drifting into the light to meet his maker. Like he had a heart attack and was lying on the floor next to his bed waiting to leave us all. It starts with him saying he should be dead.
    And then the lyrics in Blackout..."A dinosaur wonders why he still walks the Earth. Earthquake always happen when you're in bed." He wonders why he's still alive. And the earthquake could be a heart attack. As they often happen while sleeping. And references back to getting out from under the bed on Lights.

Obviously if this was the case, we're all lucky he survived it to write about it. He's meant so much to me for over 34 yrs of my life. Anyone else feel this way?

I cant even go there. Just so happy they are all still here and making great music.
  6. The free yourself to be yourself section sounds like something from abbey road, it’s incredible.

The St. Peter’s string version is something else.
  7. The “Hey now” chrous is taken from the original chorus of EBW?
  8. This is the first time I ADORE the first part of a song and totally DESPISE the second section This could be an absolute belter and among the Top 5 of this century, but then they ruin it with the "Free yourself to be yourself" refrain which is not only badly executed, but also all over the place and with a strange change in key and sound. No no no no no. I'm simply going to edit it out and letting the song end right before it.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is the first time I ADORE the first part of a song and totally DESPISE the second section This could be an absolute belter and among the Top 5 of this century, but then they ruin it with the "Free yourself to be yourself" refrain which is not only badly executed, but also all over the place and with a strange change in key and sound. No no no no no. I'm simply going to edit it out and letting the song end right before it.

The ending AMAZING
  10. Wow!!! All i can say is great!!!