1. Originally posted by deanallison:What is so bad about the album version? I honestly don’t know what people are hearing. I understand people don’t all like the same song but I’m 100% confused why someone would love the strings version and not think the album version is at least very good. No criticism just don’t get it.
    same here. album version has a nice guitar intro and larry mullen did a great job on drums
  2. Random observation of the day: LOH is one of those tracks where you can tell it's been recorded track by track, by each band member separately. It has zero amount of live feeling. And I'm not even talking about the obviously stitched-together coda at the end - I mean the whole song.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:What is so bad about the album version? I honestly don’t know what people are hearing. I understand people don’t all like the same song but I’m 100% confused why someone would love the strings version and not think the album version is at least very good. No criticism just don’t get it.
    I for example like the album version more than the string mix. Even the intro
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Random observation of the day: LOH is one of those tracks where you can tell it's been recorded track by track, by each band member separately. It has zero amount of live feeling. And I'm not even talking about the obviously stitched-together coda at the end - I mean the whole song.
    Besides it being a mediocre song at best imo, it does also sound terrible. Very empty.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Random observation of the day: LOH is one of those tracks where you can tell it's been recorded track by track, by each band member separately. It has zero amount of live feeling. And I'm not even talking about the obviously stitched-together coda at the end - I mean the whole song.
    Please tell me what post 2010 songs of theirs has a “live feeling”. I don’t understand this.
  6. "The Little Things That Give You Away" has a live feeling to me...also Red Flag Day and This is we you can reach me now, Sleep Like A Baby, California, The Troubles...
    Quite a lot, at least to my ears...
  7. Originally posted by Papo:"The Little Things That Give You Away" has a live feeling to me...also Red Flag Day and This is we you can reach me now, Sleep Like A Baby, California, The Troubles...
    Quite a lot, at least to my ears...
    Yep. Add Cedarwood Road and Book Of Your Heart (besides the intro) to the list. Organic sound, live feeling, four guys playing in the same room. That can't be bought or faked. It's just there, or it is not.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yep. Add Cedarwood Road and Book Of Your Heart (besides the intro) to the list. Organic sound, live feeling, four guys playing in the same room. That can't be bought or faked. It's just there, or it is not.
    When you have 9 producers tweaking and putting their stamp on songs it's virtually impossible to know what is organic or just made to feel like it is ,hopefully the next album is more of a band playing in a room sound to it with more straightforward Rock songs .
  9. i think that every u2 song post-90s have their instruments recorded separately, so i don't understand too.