1. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    If you want pure rock,go back to 1983. After that they quit pure rock forever. You can't tell them what to do...
    He can if he wants. I dont think thats what he was saying. He was being sarcastic.
  2. Originally posted by TheRefugee:A petition should be sent to U2 demanding that they abandon all notions of evolution or innovation. Pure rock only. Three chords and the truth damn it! And outlaw all snippets too, they're just bloody samples in disguise.
    Hahaha, post of the year for me
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    U2 are not a some trashy Rap act they write sing and play there own songs they are well capable of producing their own albums with minimal outside help, but the quest for hits and relevancy makes them over think and 2nd guess everything they do which leads them to get the latest hip producer's to make the songs more commercial sounding.

4. Also the lyrics are just part of the story. The music counts
  5. This is claimed to be official...

PS: it seems to be only a part of the remix...
  6. Published on Jan. 10, 2018

Supported and played by BBC Radio One - Paul Oakenfold - Rusty Egan
    All rights and royalties to be paid to U2 and Island Records
  7. Lo-o-o-o-ove
    Regardless of tuning, experience has taught U2 (Bono) to tune down (and up)
    If only Sir Paul McCartney (a musical genius) could follow (my last Concerts with Him were in 1989, in Madrid.

The first time I listened to this piece of art which controversy makes me giggle, I heard - like in Red Light (a favourite of mine) another voice. I was surprised to learn that it was Lady Gaga (not my thing, but a true, cool pro and hat off for Her)

To all guitarists out there: Yes, it IS possible to play this on a regular guitar.

Cheers to You all!
  8. Thanks for letting me know

9. LikeASong (ComoUnaCanción), I had already enjoyed watching Your great take on this Beauty prior to my previous post. Indeed, it is what had me joining in the conversation.

What I meant was that one has easier access to high notes on the fretboard of an electric guitar than on a regular one. On an electric guitar, I'd play Streets in D, but on my "regular" flamenco guitar 'round the kitchen table with some friends, tapas and wine, A becomes a natural main chord, and I don't need to raise my voice.

However, I am aware, though, that describing music is like performing surgery on oneself while under anaestethics: it's not that easy...

10. Originally posted by Remmar:LikeASong (ComoUnaCanción), I had already enjoyed watching Your great take on this Beauty prior to my previous post. Indeed, it is what had me joining in the conversation.

What I meant was that one has easier access to high notes on the fretboard of an electric guitar than on a regular one. On an electric guitar, I'd play Streets in D, but on my "regular" flamenco guitar 'round the kitchen table with some friends, tapas and wine, A becomes a natural main chord, and I don't need to raise my voice.

However, I am aware, though, that describing music is like performing surgery on oneself while under anaestethics: it's not that easy...

Como Una Canción, indeed Thanks for the nice words.

Streets in A? Isn't that too low? Anyway sounds interesting, I will give it a try.

And regarding performing surgery on oneself while under anaestethics: it's always nice to remember this http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32481442