1. Weird, if you count The Blackout, that makes about 5 mistakes.

I'm referring to not making Love is Bigger a single, of course.
  2. This one will make a good single choice. Not so sure about choosing to use American Soul and especially GOOYOW though - for me, the real single choices should be Summer of Love, The Best Thing, The Blackout, and choose one or two (or three) from among Love Is Bigger, Red Flag Day, and maybe The Little Things, Lights of Home, and American Soul.
  3. Love is bigger is overblown Coldplay naff,the very thought of an 80s band having hit singles is ridiculous it's not gonna happen no matter how good the song,Summer of Love and GOOYOW are good efforts and will appease the fanbase as they are the better songs on the album.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Love is bigger is overblown Coldplay naff,the very thought of an 80s band having hit singles is ridiculous it's not gonna happen no matter how good the song,Summer of Love and GOOYOW are good efforts and will appease the fanbase as they are the better songs on the album.
    Thanks for the opinion.

Disagree with all but that they’ll never have a hit single.
  5. to me The Little Things That Give You Away, Lights of Home or Red Flag Day would be better singles than Summer of Love
  6. Little Things is amazing song - maybe best of decade - but don't think it would be good single...
    Lights, Red Flag or Summer would be good choices. Not fan of Love Is Bigger
  7. WOW!
    this Perfectomix is the best remix of SOE so far!
    Liking it, and I'm not even really a remix-man.
  8. The song / tune is what it is. Why make a remix of something that the public is unaware of? I mean for people to have the chance to listen to the single prior to its remis.

As far as the thread be concerned, I would call this Bono's lttle dumplings! Indeed: why take a dump on such a tune prior to release?

9. I can play the original, and it suits me (voice and volume compared to a briliant guitar (I read about a guitar thread, somewhere - please direct me to it).

However, just as with Streets*, here is my Three steps for an evening with friends who know you can play U2:

Acoustic guitar (tapas): lower down five notes

Acoustic Gitar (digestifs, i. e. after dinner): regain two notes (use capo (cejilla)).

If Your party is a success / the one You are attending starts to gets interesting, then go for the original tuning!

For guitar nerds: I alwaus improvize - as a flamenco guitarist - every new U2-Tune in an instrumental way, on my guitar. On a Flamenco guitar, one has the beat being dne over the 6th string and below the first one (ringfinger).

In order to make a decent, rythmicale accurate rendition of a U2 Masterpiee that is even possible to do, I'd rank "In God's Country" as the most difficult one: drums, base, octaves and melody all in one on one guitar...

I compare the guitar technique of In Gods Country with late Paco de Lucía's beginning of "Almoraima".
  10. Is it possible to play, say.MLK on a classic guitar?

Yes, provided that You can play tremolo, qauatromolo etc...
  11. Hi friends, I have a question from a layman (me): What is the percussion instrument that Larry plays in this song?