1. Originally posted by Remmar:I can play the original, and it suits me (voice and volume compared to a briliant guitar (I read about a guitar thread, somewhere - please direct me to it).

However, just as with Streets*, here is my Three steps for an evening with friends who know you can play U2:

Acoustic guitar (tapas): lower down five notes

Acoustic Gitar (digestifs, i. e. after dinner): regain two notes (use capo (cejilla)).

If Your party is a success / the one You are attending starts to gets interesting, then go for the original tuning!

For guitar nerds: I alwaus improvize - as a flamenco guitarist - every new U2-Tune in an instrumental way, on my guitar. On a Flamenco guitar, one has the beat being dne over the 6th string and below the first one (ringfinger).

In order to make a decent, rythmicale accurate rendition of a U2 Masterpiee that is even possible to do, I'd rank "In God's Country" as the most difficult one: drums, base, octaves and melody all in one on one guitar...

I compare the guitar technique of In Gods Country with late Paco de Lucía's beginning of "Almoraima".
    Your input would me much appreciated here: U2 & Guitar Gear: Q & A

Excellent analysis btw And agreed about In God's Country being one of the hardest U2 songs to get properly right on guitar!
  2. So I've finally brought myself to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJGp3g93h6M

It's just as defiant and heartbreaking as I thought it would be. It really got to me because I ended up teaching a number of Syrian refugees who settled in my home city last year and they could have very easily been this little boy.
  3. I just heard Summer of Love over the PA in the supermarket. Amazing.
  4. Heard it last week on Morrison’s in the uk

5. Going through my old photos and I came across this one... Last year, summer of 2017 I had traveled to Serbia for the "Exit" festival and I took this photo (at the time I don't think I knew that a song titled Summer Of Love would be on SOE, I just thought it was cool and I should take a pic)
    Anyways, I really enjoy the song more and more lately and I wish the band would give it a shot live
  6. Really heartbreaking video.poor son
    As a gardener i understand what he meant.sometimes i try to stop and think about the Little things in life that we don't really take care of because we Always are in a hurry.things Like flowers or just a bee...or else
    In my Little life i try to do the best to help countries in difficult situation.i make donations For Emergency or Medicins sans frontiers.i am happy to do it.
    Make donations while you can.save lives.
  7. Four new remixes are available in the New Zealand iTunes store.
  8. Available now on Spotify..... in the U.S.

I bet this is added to the U.K. Tour! Wonder where in the set? (Replacing Best Thing??Acoustic?)
  9. The HP mix is the only one that is doing something interesting with the song
  10. I think the first remix is pretty good!