1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I don't know if anyone round here watches/knows the TV show Psych but I can't help think of the theme song when I listen to The Showman... I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth

not sure... I've heard it both ways...
  2. This song just makes me so HAPPY

3. On guitar, the chords are really similar to Sweet Jane, slightly different order. After trying to play it, I can hear a tip of the hat to Lou Reed with maybe a brighter Beatles kind of flavor.
  4. I’ve been listening to this one a bit more through playing the album in full and I think if you don’t take it too seriously it’s actually a really good song. I’d kinda written this one off as well but it’s grew on me again.
  5. When I first listen to this album drunk I’ll go have another little more better drink.
  6. Great song. They are so loose on it... Just plain fun!

There's something about the chorus that reminds me of something of the early days, from Boy or before. I don't quite know what it is, its driving me crazy!
  7. Dear this song,

Please GET OUT OF MY HEAD !

thanks,
    Nick.
  8. write me down as another enthusiast for this song. b-stage song right there, come on! so much fun.
  9. For being the silly fun song of the album, which means it had a huge target on its back, this song has been surprisingly well received by way too many people, myself included.

I think it looks so good...
  10. To be honest, I expected it to be kind of dark, serious song. But after a few listens I love it the way it is - fresh, silly and just nice