1. First time I heard The Showman, I my tought was, Is this a song of my favorite band? And this is not positive. Close to Boots in my list of all time bad U2 songs.
  2. Originally posted by ferrari:First time I heard The Showman, I my tought was, Is this a song of my favorite band? And this is not positive. Close to Boots in my list of all time bad U2 songs.
    Absolutely agree that's one of their worst songs ever.
  3. My personal opinion, I love The Showman
  4. Showman is kinda like Wild Honey . . .
  5. Noel Gallagher comment pre-release remain hilarious.
  6. I don’t like it ( not at all )
    And i skip it always
    As I said months ago,I would have appreciated the album as a EP
  7. Originally posted by ferrari:First time I heard The Showman, I my tought was, Is this a song of my favorite band? And this is not positive. Close to Boots in my list of all time bad U2 songs.
    Nowhere near as bad as boots.
  8. Wasn't the wheel apart of the fan segment that they dropped? I think the fan would spin the wheel and they would play the song it lands on? I'm pretty sure there's a higher quality picture of the wheel with the songs written on but I can't find it.

9. It's in the programme, I think.
  10. At least Boots is a rocker, and a more adventurous one than Elevation or Vertigo, IMO.

I personally can't stand The Showman. Shiny Happy People is to REM as The Showman is to U2: overbearingly poppy, commercial, and lyrically cheesy well beyond its rights. The birthday cake line is truly abysmal.