1. I'll need more time to digest this album but this is my top track right now. I would probably rank SOI above SOE but would consider this song the best off either album.

I know some people hate the comparisons but something about this song really reminds me of Coldplay's older stuff. Not an accusation of imitating a band influenced by themselves, just that it shares some of the best qualities from those first 3 albums Coldplay did while still remaining something only U2 could do.
  2. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:I'll need more time to digest this album but this is my top track right now. I would probably rank SOI above SOE but would consider this song the best off either album.

I know some people hate the comparisons but something about this song really reminds me of Coldplay's older stuff. Not an accusation of imitating a band influenced by themselves, just that it shares some of the best qualities from those first 3 albums Coldplay did while still remaining something only U2 could do.
    I got a very Coldplayish vibe from it also (also in a very positive way!)
  3. Yeah I think it might be like if you crossed the intimacy of Parachutes with some of the open space-like atmosphere of X&Y.

The lyrics of Landlady are some of my favorite too and I can't get enough of the way Bono delivers them.
  4. loving this one too
  5. The pacing of this song is wonderful.
  6. Lyrics updated in the opening post and our song pages, thanks all! Looks like we got the whole thing now.
  7. This is beautiful. I love it. Up there with EBW from SOI for me so far. But there are other songs on the album I also like just as much on SOE so...will have to wait and see until the official release to hear this properly. But my first impressions are really good.
  8. This might be U2's most tender and moving love song. I've always liked their more straightforward 'love songs' like A Man and Woman and Wild Honey, because it's not something they do too often. While I think AMAW and Wild Honey will probably stay bit higher-ranked for me, from just an emotional, deep standpoint... they really went there with Landlady. It's a sweet dream of a song without being too sugary.
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:This might be U2's most tender and moving love song. I've always liked their more straightforward 'love songs' like A Man and Woman and Wild Honey, because it's not something they do too often. While I think AMAW and Wild Honey will probably stay bit higher-ranked for me, from just an emotional, deep standpoint... they really went there with Landlady. It's a sweet dream of a song without being too sugary.
    In my opinion, this is tender and intimate like All I Want is You and If You Wear That Velvet Dress., and lyrically brilliant like both of those.
  10. i see a major cover coming from an r and b act