1. The fucking lyrics man
    I'm completely in love with this song

2. The ending has the same delivery as 'someday you will find me' in Champagne Supernova by Oasis!
  3. Show me the STAAAAAARS UP THEEEEEERE!!!!

Spoiler (click to toggle)
  4. Thank you for helping me place that. It was in the back of my mind.
  5. This ones getting seriously high up the best u2 song list, the lyrics are something else. You think the beginning of the chorus is the pinnacle of the tune and then suddenly ‘I’ll never know, never know what starving poets meant, cos when I was broke it was you who always paid the rent’ c’mon this is just ridiculously good.
  6. I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics (I'm one of these guys that does so only sometimes) and musically this song feels a bit lackluster right now to me. Like it should be going somewhere bigger, instead of stopping where it does. Feels like it stops in the middle of a big climb without getting to the big epic part to me... I'll see.
  7. I have no doubt that each and every one of these tracks has been on the drawing board since as far back as 2012/2013.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I have no doubt that each and every one of these tracks has been on the drawing board since as far back as 2012/2013.
    Theory:

Songs of Ascent was their take on Blake's Songs of Innocence and of Experience, like some sort of "third chapter" of those books.

Eventually, the project grew enough that they thought it would be better if instead of just one album, they made both.

Some of this tunes had been around and meant to be what used to be called Songs of Ascent.