1. I agree. I know in the states despite a few songs that did quite well they haven’t had a top 10 single there since discotheque (reached #10) but I could see love is bigger hitting #1 in a lot of places back in the early 00’s. It still seems to have got a good response from fans at gigs though, some more than others and better in arena’s in general but it fits in well amongst all there classics.
  2. Edge's guitar live is sensational!
  3. I think this works really well live; it's quite an upbeat singalong song to close a show. It also stands independent of the SOI/SOE narrative, it doesn't require context.
  4. Man, the first time I heard this song, I loved it. I should give it a listen again soon because I've neglected most of SOE since last year.
  5. I love the Beck remix of this too.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I agree. I know in the states despite a few songs that did quite well they haven’t had a top 10 single there since discotheque (reached #10) but I could see love is bigger hitting #1 in a lot of places back in the early 00’s. It still seems to have got a good response from fans at gigs though, some more than others and better in arena’s in general but it fits in well amongst all there classics.
    Well they did manage to get it to number one on the dance charts, which all those "Infernal Remixes" helped to do. The Cheat Codes mix is one of my favourites and it did have a presence during Pride 2018 which exposed the song to a different audience.

I have to agree though, Every Breaking Wave and Love Is Bigger are definitely my favourite of the decade.
  7. What about the version they recorded at Third Man Studios (Jack White's studio)? I thought that was supposed to be released at some point on vinyl but I never heard anything about it.
  8. Still in the can
  9. Maybe a great record store day release?

10. Anybody else noticed these lyrics? Certainly not what’s used for the song but I’d kind of like to here them
  11. I'd be surprised if those were Bono's ..

He can be corny but Restart, Sky full of stars, One life, All we've got, Two hearts, Teach me... all in just the first 2 verses?

That reads like Bono "lyric generator".. haha