1. Originally posted by j1167198:What about the version they recorded at Third Man Studios (Jack White's studio)? I thought that was supposed to be released at some point on vinyl but I never heard anything about it.

They planned on releasing "Red Flag Day" as a single, and would have used it on the b-side. Would have been a RSD release in late 2018, but once they decided not to release "Red Flag Day" the whole thing was canned. May show up on something down the road. They also had a number of remixes of "Red Flag Day" commissioned which were never released.
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I haven't listened to a single remix either but the cover image is different so I assume it was, hence the different lyrics.

From https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_love_is_bigger_than_anything_in_its_way_remixes_single:

The additional vocals and lyrics are by lead vocalist of the Cheat Codes, Trevor Dahl. Dahl spoke about the collaboration, “U2 is world class; never worked with an artist as detail oriented as these guys. We come from 2 different worlds, and it took a while to find that perfect balance of dance, rock, and pop sensibilities, but in the end, it resulted in something really special.”
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

They planned on releasing "Red Flag Day" as a single, and would have used it on the b-side. Would have been a RSD release in late 2018, but once they decided not to release "Red Flag Day" the whole thing was canned. May show up on something down the road. They also had a number of remixes of "Red Flag Day" commissioned which were never released.
    RFD belongs in the bin. I thought U2 chopped down TJT.
  4. My youngest got married on Friday and chose the acoustic version of this song for the two us to dance to. We didn't have a "special" song so when she told me that she'd chosen this one it really hit home because of the context. This beautiful love letter from a father to a child provided the perfect advice and sentiment for the day. Both of us had tears as we danced closely and I whispered the lyrics to her.

We often say that U2 provided the soundtrack to our lives and they certainly played their part that day.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:My youngest got married on Friday and chose the acoustic version of this song for the two us to dance to. We didn't have a "special" song so when she told me that she'd chosen this one it really hit home because of the context. This beautiful love letter from a father to a child provided the perfect advice and sentiment for the day. Both of us had tears as we danced closely and I whispered the lyrics to her.

We often say that U2 provided the soundtrack to our lives and they certainly played their part that day.
    aww
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:My youngest got married on Friday and chose the acoustic version of this song for the two us to dance to. We didn't have a "special" song so when she told me that she'd chosen this one it really hit home because of the context. This beautiful love letter from a father to a child provided the perfect advice and sentiment for the day. Both of us had tears as we danced closely and I whispered the lyrics to her.

That is an amazing story. Congrats to you and your family!
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:My youngest got married on Friday and chose the acoustic version of this song for the two us to dance to. We didn't have a "special" song so when she told me that she'd chosen this one it really hit home because of the context. This beautiful love letter from a father to a child provided the perfect advice and sentiment for the day. Both of us had tears as we danced closely and I whispered the lyrics to her.

Oh, that's really sweet. Congratulations to you and your daughter Mike. You must feel very proud!
  8. Just been reading through the first couple pages of this thread. I knew the song was liked, but didn't know it was that well liked and popular. Nearly 3 years later and I can still remember listening to it the first time. It hooked me in instantly. It has to go down as a U2 classic.
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:Just been reading through the first couple pages of this thread. I knew the song was liked, but didn't know it was that well liked and popular. Nearly 3 years later and I can still remember listening to it the first time. It hooked me in instantly. It has to go down as a U2 classic.
    I love it so much!
  10. Originally posted by SJKamal:Just been reading through the first couple pages of this thread. I knew the song was liked, but didn't know it was that well liked and popular. Nearly 3 years later and I can still remember listening to it the first time. It hooked me in instantly. It has to go down as a U2 classic.
    Yes I still stand behind what I said 3 years ago:
    Originally posted by LikeASong:I can't quite recall the last time that a song became an instant album favorite as fast as Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way. Also I can't recall the last time that a U2 song made me shiver and shed a tear as quickly as this one. The rest of the album is of course very good too but this song is something else and it takes me to a whole different place. And its not even that good musically or lirically... It's just one of these songs that touch you inside for no reason and never lets you go.As Alex says, it makes me wanna cry and I just don't know why.

If they played this song as the closer to their last concert ever I would be ok with it.
  11. Agree with both, for me it was an instant classic on the album. Funnily the only live version I really liked was the that BBC version.
  12. Never got into it. Too cheesy for my taste